I am sick of this phone...

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by summit, Aug 13, 2009.

1. summit

summit New Member

I am sick of this phone...

DROPPED CALLS
    I'm sick of the dropped calls. Driving I-70 through the mountains, my Q1 could hold a call all the way to Denver where my Saga now (after the update) drops the call 3-7 times because it cannot figure out how to do a soft handoff to the strong tower before completely losing signal to the weak tower (and yes the PRL is up to date). Before the update, it would still drop 2-3 times because the antenna sucks.

SMS Annoyance
    I am sick of having to go in to an SMS conversation once per message to clear the new messages indicator. Going in 3-5 times after a conversation to get it to clear is annoying as hell.

POOR BATTERY
    I'm sick of the battery lasting <12 hours with no fancy pants usage and way less if you actually use an app.

I'm sick of the phone shutting off programs and features etc when the batter drops below some very high number and then shutting off everything including the radio below 10%.

I'm sick of 50 "battery low" warnings once the power gets below 25%.

TOUCH SCREEN ACTIVATES DURING CALLS
    I am also sick to death of 10 applications launching while I talk even though I have it set to instantly sleep as soon as a call connects. If you have ANY program running in the background, it won't really sleep (wakes up about 10sec later) because it assumes you might access those apps while talking. This happens almost every call.

...AND HANGS THEM UP
    I'm sick to death of my cheek hitting "end call" on the touch screen during a call. This has happened a dozen times.

I'm sick to death of my cheek SOMEHOW launching the radio manager and selecting "Phone Radio Off" during a call. This has happened a half dozen times.

DESIGN FAILURE
    It's not like I'm cramming my phone into my face! Samsung was too cheap for an orientation sensor because they figured why would a square screen need one? Maybe when it has pressure sensitive touch screen?

So now I have to either use a blue tooth all the time or soft-lock my phone by holding down the lock key which means if I need to type a number in or look up a number while on a call, I have to go through the unlock dialog... I have to unlock the phone to do anything after a call.

Saga sucks as a phone. If my Q weren't broken, I'd go back to it.
  2. acal0926

acal0926 New Member

I agree and am having all of the same issues, I'm on my 3 recertified phone and they don't seem to be willing to do anything more.

What do you plan on doing?
  3. summit

summit New Member

I'm not sure yet... I might try to get them to replace the phone and see if that helps the battery and signal issues. Otherwise I'm going to see I can get them to give me a credit for another phone because this thing is a piece of crap. However, I cannot afford to simply go out and spend $400 on something else.
  4. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

I agree, I liked the phone until the newest rom. Now it sucks ass. Specially the FN lock during text messages!
  5. summit

summit New Member

OK, so I got to Mexico where everything is 1xRTT and suddenly my phone's battery life increases by a factor of TEN. I wonder if I can lock my phone into 1xRTT in the USA.
  6. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Battery Life was the #1 reason I dumped the Saga for the Ozone.
    I am stunned they would release a phone with such poor battery life....
  7. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Many of the issues are MS. The WM OS interface is just so antiquated. So Windows 3.1. The iphone/ipod interface is really the way to go. The problem with the apple way is that everything is locked down by Apple or ATT. You can't get the really cool apps easily like WM. Google builds Latitude right into the map app but has to make it a web app on the iphone because ATT screamed bloody murder since it competes with their location app. etc etc.
  8. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Totally agree.
    I think MS has thier heads up thier asses for a long time with the Mobile market. Who is the genius that thought making it look as much as possible like regular Windows was a good idea. Then THEN they come out with this sliding panels for some phones. That would make an EXCELLENT touchscreen interface... and the new touch screen WinMoby's are..... the Windows version?!? I thought the whole point of Sliding Panels was an eventual move to touch. As if the Q9C were a test bed for the next gen Win Touch Screen... and then the new phones come out. Touch screen vanilla Windows and Sliding Panels with no touch.
    Unbelievable....
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

there is something like sliding panels for WM pro. It's called titanium, which will be in WM6.5. So it may have been developed based on sliding panels since it's come afterwards
  10. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Yep. That is certainly what I expected to see by now.
    MS = late to the party, as usual.
  11. summit

summit New Member

Not a Global Phone

Complete fail to function in Costa Rica when signal was present. The phone shows no signal present though it was in global mode with an updated PRL and a north america plan. The phone showed no signal in the WM home screen but it would show signal present with S2U's screen and it would attempt to dial but fail after 1 second of connection. I'm going to return this piece of crap to Verizon.

And international calling was on.
  12. larsdennert

I had the same problem in Curacao. Signal but wouldn't call/authenticate in GSM. It would work in town where there were some CDMA towers. I had to resort to Skype over wifi to make calls. Cheaper so I guess VZW did me a favor there.

Last time I left California the phone could only make calls and not receive them. VZW said it was a "safety" for when I left my home calling area and then unblocked it. B@$+@RDS!
  13. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 New Member

voice command???

I too am just on my 3rd phone but this one seems to be working pretty good...minus battery life. have u too experienced the phone turning on and off by it self or the volume issues-such as no ringtones without soft reset?
    I think that it has something to do with the voice command but wanted to see if anyone had the same issue...
    let me know :)
  14. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

Just do what I did, get a droid! haha
  15. summit

summit New Member

I just did :)

GOODBYE FOREVER, SAGA, YOU PIECE OF SHIT
  16. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

I suspect this forum is going to die down a bit. I feel for the people who are stuck with the saga
  17. larsdennert

let us know what you think of the droid.
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

There are problems with the Saga. I can make that statement for any phone I've ever had. 99% of the time, I love my Saga.

I'm sorry you don't like yours, but perhaps you'll find the right phone for you.
  19. larsdennert

except for poor battery life i have no problems. honestly from all the issues i read on the droid, i'll stay away for now.
  20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Not sure what problems you've heard about the droid but i got it on launch day and i've loved it, its a great phone. dont get me wrong saga and winmo treated me well for the past 3 years but it was time for a change, couldnt stand my battery dying all the time. My battery on the droid doesnt die for like a day and a half 2 days which is what i want and expect out of a battery and i do more streaming on the droid than i ever did on the saga just because battery life on the saga was so bad. I did give my saga to my bro so i did keep it in the family :dft010:big_smile and i do miss this forum, theres a couple guys/girls from this forum that had the saga over in droid now its a great switch.