HTC Weather Plug-In Help

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by FernBchQ, Sep 17, 2009.

1. FernBchQ

FernBchQ New Member

HTC Weather Plug-In Help

Hello Everybody,

I'm having some trouble getting the weather plug-in for my Ozone to work for my city. I've found all kinds of instructions on how to make it work, but they all talk about the touch for the most part. I know that the HH_409_WeatherCities.xml file needs to be edited to add the info for the unlisted cities and I have successfully done this. The issue I'm having is getting it to work all the time. Right now it has only updated for the city I added twice in the last 2 weeks. If I use a listed city (not the one I added) it works perfectly. The instructions I have found are for editing the CHome.dll file. Apparently this file needs to be edited so your device will use a diiferent server to get the unlisted cities to update correctly. I am having trouble finding this file or it is something else on my VZW Ozone. Has anyone figured out how to make this work? Any help/info is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Well, for me I found that the NRG weather program worked really gr8. It doesn't involve any of the edits you mention, it does however change your homescreen to a sliding panel style. In fact, I liked it so much, I had to find one that would work for my Napoleon once I decided to send my Ozone back and wait for a better phone for my NE2. Here's a direct link to the .cab file:

http://ted.servepics.com/hacktheraz...i Chome Weather 1.3 Monitor HTC Version.cab

I assume you should have no problems intalling this on your phone, it can be installed to your 'storage device' no problem. And it's a Chome based program, so you can use Chome editor to really make it your own if you so desire.

good luck.
  3. FernBchQ

FernBchQ New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded and tried the program you mentioned. It did give me the ability to get my local weather, but it did make my ozone a little sluggish. I also did not care for the change in the home layout, so I have uninstalled it. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'll keep searching. There is the answer I aeek out there somewhere.
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Well, then I am sorry I can't help you more. Like I said, I liked the program that I linked so well that I found a version that works on my Nap, and it runs a little more sluggish on the Nap than it did on the Ozone, as the Ozone has a bit more RAM and a faster processor.

good luck