HTC Warranty Support Fail - Ticket #09GBD380000413 Po

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro' started by nite, Sep 29, 2009.

1. nite

nite New Member

HTC Warranty Support Fail - Ticket #09GBD380000413 Po

Here’s how things stand:
    1. I sent my phone in almost 2 weeks ago for a small repair to usb sync
    2. After a week of waiting, I started contacting you and found out that the phone was in ‘out of warranty’ state and ‘too much to repair’, without you contacting me whatsoever.
    3. I’ve been told the phone is out of warranty due to ‘water damage’ – I state categorically that the phone hasn’t had any contact with water or any liquid, so I’ve been told the phone is out of warranty due to possible ‘usage in high humidity’!!!! This simply would not stand up in a legal claim.
    4. While talking with incompetent service person (number 6!) on Friday I receive an email with a quote for repairs. I’m sure you’ll be as surprised as me by this stage:
    Level 3 - MB+LCD replacement 166.00
    Level 5 - Full Plastic Refurbishment 68.00
    Labour 27.00
    Delivery 6.87
    VAT 40.18
    Total 308.05
    This is unbelievable – I just sent the phone in for a repair to USB sync, it’ll cost you 10 fricken pounds!!!
    5. At the same time on that call, incompetent service person #6 tells me he’ll have management (Edward?) call me Friday afternoon or Monday morning.
    6. I receive 2 more emails in my inbox, one stating re: ticket #09UKCW39ENA000326 “Thank you for your patience whilst we investigate this as a matter of urgency” and another entitled “HTC Customer Service Excellence”
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

actually the "possible usage in high humidity" could stand up in a legal claim. It is listed as an exception in just about every cell phone warranty out there. humidity (or exposure to sweat) can definitely cause corrosion.
  3. nite

nite New Member

Even if it's illegal, it is ridiculous & immoral, surely we should be able to expect our phones to be build to a standard as not to die in humidity alone. Either way, the incompetent level of service and quote for replacing everything in the phone but the usb sync stands for itself. Still waiting for a response, having sent this as an email to them a day ago.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

well, you can water proof your phone now. although I don't know if the warranty would hold up after that either

but then they also only warranty that product for 30 days, so...
  5. nite

nite New Member

Update

Now they've closed the case and kept my phone! It's been over a month now - even with the unreasonable out-of-warranty, I asked for a simple USB sync repair and they will not budge from the £308 for basically replacing every part in the device. HTC HAVE STOLEN MY PHONE! NEVER BUY A PHONE FROM HTC!
  6. txter

txter New Member

they should send the phone back to you. its not theirs to keep. i can see at least charging shipping and handeling but i dont think they can keep the phone without asking you first.