HTC Touch Pro2 only rings 4 X before voicemail

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro2' started by parisnight, Apr 24, 2010.

1. parisnight

parisnight New Member

HTC Touch Pro2 only rings 4 X before voicemail

I own the TP2 thru Sprint and have been bothered by the lack of rings before the caller is routed to my voicemail. Jeez, I can barely get the phone out of my pouch or get to it from another room and I've lost the call. :dft007:angry
    I contacted Sprint and they claimed that is due to how HTC set up the software. I then called HTC and they claim it is Sprint who sets the ringtime. Of course, I told the CSRep, that was phooey. Even my Panasonic landline phone at home I can set the number of rings thru settings on the phone.
    I insisted she write a complaint or suggestion and she finally told me that if enough people called with the same complaint they would write a patch (fix) and put it on their website for download.
    If you are also bothered by the lack of rings PLEASE call HTC at #866-449-8358 ( 7a - 1a EST, 7 days week ) and voice your concern. I told her that I have seen lots of the same complaints on these forums and she said that no one has contacted them. The more people who take 5 minutes out of their day to do this the better. THANKS! :dft003:cool
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

actually i do believe it is a carrier setting
  3. parisnight

parisnight New Member

:016:upsetWell, the HTC Rep finally admitted that if enough people called to complain then they could write a fix to address the number of rings.
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

My Verizon version gives 6 rings...
  5. mstevens

mstevens New Member

The HTC rep is dead wrong.

Your phone does not send calls to voicemail. Your carrier does. There is nothing that can change on your phone that will make it ring more than the carrier specifies.
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

The reason you can set the number of rings on a landline phone is because the answering machine is part of the phone. If you have a Digital voicemail (like you do on a cell phone) the ring time is set at the carrier end and not on a phone. Your cellphone works the same way. Sprint should be able to extend the ring time. Instead of calling, try emailing eCare, or use the online chat. Usually it's easier to get things done that way