?HTC Snap will kill Q9h

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by thebluenile, Apr 12, 2009.

1. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

?HTC Snap will kill Q9h

Has anybody my same feeling? The Q9h is now outdated. The Snap looks amazing (blackberrysh), has WiFi, GPS and InnerCircle function and a stunning battery life of 20 days on 3G! I'm just looking forward to put my hands on it and forget about the Q9h!
    [​IMG]
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

It certainly looks promising, yes. Very Q-ish with a ton of superior features. I hope it flys . . . wouldn't mind trying one myself. :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9Nap)
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the Q series is already dead so anything that comes along will replace it
  4. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well ya certainly have somethin' there. :) -Q
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

What OS is it running?
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its running wm standard
  7. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Very interesting. Betweeen the HTC Diamond and HTC Snap, we may have some future options if Motorola doesn't come through.
  8. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

It's amazing how Motorola managed to screw themselves out of the running. This is what they should have introduced after the grey Q9h.:2cool:
  9. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Out of the HTC i've seen thats the only one, that has really caught my attn. I wi'll be checking it out. Haven't checked, but dimentionally are the the same size? Not sure i could go with a keypad any smaller that the Q9h.

That is a pretty phone tho!
  10. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

The keys on the Snap's keypad are domed to make them easier to use, and most functions are controlled by a small trackball (which is the only thing that I like about blackberry). I'm just waiting for some costumers review because the official ones are all positive.
  11. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Do we know when it will be available?
  12. elsmacko

elsmacko New Member

I am seriously wanting that phone, mainly because it's SO MUCH LIKE the motoq9h, but with better battery life and a faster processor, and because it adds wifi.

But the way it is now with no carrier selling the phone, the price will stay high even on a used one/ebay. Hopefully they will get a subsidy with a carrier, so I can buy a used one, or a new one from someone that is selling theres on cl or ebay.

Let's not dis the motoq, if it weren't for the motoq who would they copy? Yes it also reminds me of the bold, but all in all it's closer to the q than anything else.

EDIT: One thin g theough; the Motoq9h is very tough and rugged for a smartphone, that's why I choose it over the dash, blackjack, etc. THat metal bevel seems to help if you drop it, which I have done quite a few times. I even have a leather case, but I always drop the phone when it is outside the case grrr..

So that is one thing this HTC may not have, and that was a problem with the Dash; especially the screens, would crack when it was in people's pockets (supposedly). I never had one break that easy althoughh I have replaced screens in many Dash's.
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

that's because it hasn't been released yet...
  14. thebluenile

thebluenile New Member

On Amazon UK should be available from 15 June.
  15. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

can't help but still look forward to this phone...Curious when available in the states.
  16. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Check out the Q9n (Napoleon) Uber Q on steroids !!!!! :) -Q
  17. elsmacko

elsmacko New Member

I'm strictly a GSM guy. Especially with Verizon's reputation. BUt mainly becuase I like being able to buy sell trade whenever I want, and I can test the phone on the fly with my sim card. And the shear flexibility of being able to use any phone that I want as long as it is unlocked if need be.

The HTC Snap has a 528 Mhz processor. THat and the battery life, along with that green button are the compelling reasons over the Q. Oh and Wifi.

I think moto needs to come out with about a 600 mhz processor to compete with this. Or if they just stick with the low end of the smartphone segment with their Q11, that is still better than a pantech lol.
  18. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo . . . that means the Nappy on VZW is chopped liver??????????????? LOL !!!!!! :) -Q
  19. elsmacko

elsmacko New Member

20. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Yeah, Snap. The Nap is GSM too . . . Try it, you might like it. Heeee.... :) -Q