HTC Sliding Panels Homescreen - Text Messages

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by bchill, Sep 14, 2009.

1. bchill

bchill New Member

HTC Sliding Panels Homescreen - Text Messages

I've been using the HTC Sliding Panel homescreen since I've gotten the phone, but I've always been bothered by the amount of time it takes to load the text messages inbox. With the Windows Sliding Panel, whenever I get a text it displays immediately. For the HTC one I have to open up the inbox, which takes about 15 seconds to load up to view the message. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there any solution? I prefer everything about the HTC homescreen except for that one problem, so if there was a way to fix this, it would be great.
  2. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Try SMSBubbles.
    Gives you pop-up on the bottom on the screen when you get a txt.
  3. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Kind of funny how many times the first reply to a problem someone has is: "Just buy another piece of software....".

Bchil I have not noticed the problem you are having.
  4. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Nothing to buy. It is free.
  5. Brackben

Brackben New Member

6. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Free or not, that was not my point. Instead of trying to help someone figure out a problem many people just want to put a band-aid on it say "use this or that!".
    Does any one else experience a delay going into txt msg inbox? I do not. I am betting most do not.
    Dude has a problem. But instead of trying to figure that out "pfft. Just install more crap on your phone!".
  7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

So, Peregrine, what is the solution?
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Well "Bchil I have not noticed the problem you are having." is not helpful at all. Instead of flaming someone for actually trying by offering an alternative, why not offer something useful yourself?
  9. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

How long have you been on the 'net, my friend?
    Flaming? You consider that flaming? Seriously? What part of anything that I posted did you consider flaming? Ridiculous.
    I made an observation. When did people get so GD touchy here?

This would have been flaming, just so you know the difference:
    "Wtf is wrong with you people? Why can't anyone offer some F'ing help? No, it's just install some more crap on your phone! You people suck!".
    I do not feel that way, at all, nor do I feel the tone of any of my posts reflect that type of anger.

Wow... did you read the OP thread? Apparently not.

I was directly answering his question. Has one other person directly answered his question?

If I had one I would have offered it. I never claimed to be the expert.
    Personally I would hard reset the phone. Set it back up. Does texting work fine? If so, you know it is probably some app slowing things down. Then re-install each app until it slowed down.