HTC Ozone Questions

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by zanix, Sep 6, 2010.

1. zanix

zanix New Member

HTC Ozone Questions

Hi...

For my first Smartphone I chose the Ozone. I hope I enjoy it.

Have a few questions so far....

1. Is there a way to search within the calendar?
    2. Am I not able to view videos? Can't seem to watch Youtube.
    3. Can't figure out how to get Yahoo Messenger on it.

Any other suggestions for my new Ozone would be welcomed as well.

Thanks!
  2. mhans311

mhans311 Member

Welcome to the forum! I have had my Ozone for almost a year and I am still really enjoying it. I don't think there is a way to search within the calendar...I haven't every really needed that function. There are several ways to watch Youtube. One way is to download a browser called Skyfire (just go to skyfire.com on your phone and it will give you directions to download it). Skyfire will show the full version of youtube when you go to youtube.com and it will play the videos. Another way is to download the google app. They have made an app for youtube on WM and it is really good. Another program to try is Kinoma Freeplay. It is a free version of a payed app that will allow you to watch youtube (along with A LOT of other things...Kinoma Play is the only app I have paid for on WM). As for Yahoo Messenger, you can just go to m.yahoo.com/messenger with the browser on your phone or you can go to this link: http://www.smartphone-freeware.com/download-agile-messenger-icq-msn-yahoo-aol-for-ms-smartphone.html
    This link is for a free app that supports yahoo messenger.

Other than that, I use my Facebook app every once in awhile. I use Evernote for taking quick notes (just go to evernote.com and it will tell you how to get it for your phone). Google Maps is good for directions and finding things. Pandora works alright, but I don't use it a lot because it cuts off the end of a song sometimes on my phone. Hope some of this helps.
  3. zanix

zanix New Member

Thanks so much for this info.

I find it hard to believe that a search cannot be done within the calendar. What if I need to find out when an appointment is? I would have to look through every day to find the appointment?

I am enjoying my phone alot. It suits me well. I get really good reception with it whereas I didn't with my env3.

I love learning new things about it from these forums!

Thanks!
  4. Espcevan

Espcevan New Member

Hey, Im new to the forums here. Sorry if this post is OLD but im Bumpin it up anyways... I just got my Ozone not to long ago and i LOVE It! So far i got the youtube app, Facebook and google mobile app... Othat than that gay Message Sent Alert i cant find anything wrong with it. Does anyone know how to delete that or disable it?
  5. mhans311

mhans311 Member