HTC Ozone Hacks Thread

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by TheMadJester, Jul 14, 2009.

1. darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck New Member

Re: Inital Call Start beep

Apparently not, as I'm seeing the same thing. All I have to do is switch from whatever profile I'm in back to normal or outdoor, and it's back. Any one know if this is an "unlock" issue? I've done an unlock, and have been able to keep the "lock" screen in place. But maybe that's just successfully overwriting the file.

Anyone?
  2. geddyt

geddyt New Member

Two questions

Hi everyone, just found this forum. And that's a great thing, as I've got a couple of questions about my Ozone!

1.) I have a bluetooth headset that I use in a loud environment (motorcycle helmet), and it seems the bluetooth volume from the Ozone is just not enough to get the job done. Is there any way to crank up the bluetooth headset profile volume to max? I have found no setting in any menu that deals with this.

2.) I often work night shifts and sleep during the day. So I turn my ringer off so that I'm not bothered by my phone. Problem is my wife is pregnant, and if she needs to get a hold of me, I'd like her to be able to. Is there any way to silence all sounds from the phone except for when it's a call from my wife? She already has her own custom ringtone, but that's about as far as I've been able to get.

Thanks ahead for any help you can give me.
  3. mking8288

mking8288 Member

1. On BT volume hack, you might want to look at the generic edits posted for the Motorola Q phones - need to go into the mobile registry and see if you can "bump" it higher. I find the overall BT sound volume a bit on the low side myself especially when outdoor and I drive usually with windows up. But, I remain doubtful whether a successful registry edit will make that much difference - been debating on whether to upgrade to a noise cancelling BT headset to see if that will help.

2. On the custom ring tone, have you consider creating a "dummy" ring tone that's really silent so that it will "ring" with no sound heard ( you might want to experiment by mixing it with vibrate & then ring the "dummy / silent " ring tone while you sleep during the day shift hours. Assign a custom ring tone that will really ring with an audible tone/music/etc. to your wife's cellular and/or home number, etc.

In other words, all calls will come thru and "ring" but since it's a dummy or silent sound file, you won't be disturbed by the ringing - you will only hear the ones with your wife/others assigned with a working & audible ring tone under the custom sound. By checking the Call History, you can still see who called (missed calls) and whether there are voice mail messages, etc. and return those call on your own schedule. That should work.
  4. sixbennetts

sixbennetts Member

Mking, THAT is a brilliant idea! Assign your default ringtone to just the people you wanna let through, and change your default to the silent ringtone. A simple default ringtone change to silent would put the phone into, "call screen", mode, ringing only for a select group. Really, this is a better mousetrap!
  5. mking8288

mking8288 Member

I got the idea from my RN cousin who's on the busy hospital floor and noticed how she was screening calls on her personal mobile device - where privacy & loud/ringing tones aren't best for patient care. The "pre-screened" one would ring with the classic "alpha-numeric" paging tone and everyone else get the silent "ring" tone by default, when she's on break or free back at her work station, she can check the missed call lists and/or simply retrieve voice mails stored.

Now, if I could only do that with all those home phone calls on that POTS line since the DNC listings don't really do much, and despite caller ID & voice mails, it's still annoying to have every incoming calls ringing all the time - despite all that blocking & other so called "advanced calls management" features. Our mobile device's functionality have come a long way since the Motorola Microtac days.
  6. yohan

yohan New Member

Confirming that the HTCMessage.exe file works using resco explorer to overwrite the original file.

Confirming that the registry edit for the internet explorer height and width makes it at least somewhat better, again using resco, but registry tool this time.

New problem: Cursor does not follow when inputting text into panels that are smaller in width or height than the text you are typing (i.e. facebook comment or status update panels, gmail new message). The Q would go into its own screen to input long messages. However, the Ozone for some reason does nothing and only allows you to see the first line or so of characters or whatever the panel is limited to.

Any thoughts?
  7. krispykreemd

krispykreemd New Member

Stock ROM out! Cooked ROM in. then hack away. its the only way.

For what it's worth the FIRST "hack" that anyone with a HTC Ozone should perform is to mod/upgrade your stock Ozone WM6.5 ROM with a 3VO COOKED ROM available over at XDA. Guy did a great job with the custom build.
    instructions from everyone regarding HARD SPL bootloader prep was simply confusing. just make sure prior to doing this that your computer has the USB sync/modem/com whatever drivers installed for all the different states that your phone operates in. meaning that when it goes into bootloader mode and ur puter cant recognize ur fon, it just is frustratin.
    Only problem I saw other than a few spelling mistakes here and there was the MMS limit is set to 300k bytes and Verizon's limit is set at 500k. some googling and reading and I found the reg entry responsible for the limit. kinda tricky but rewarding to solve it for yourself.

After the successful flashing to 3VO then:
    Change 300k limit to 500k.
    HTCmessage.exe to /Windows (doesnt ever seem to stick)
    Installed the Facebook IM w/ chome plugin
    Kinoma Freeplay for the shoutcast streams
    Lookout mobile security just incase I lose the thing Ican find it or destroy all the data remotely
    TCpMP is pretty pointless on it since youtub app works fine but i guess it serves its purpose.

I dont really post that much on the net, mostly lurk and read. prolly my 15th post ever. i'll give back what i've learned, i swear.

I had a Q9c, lurked on every forum Q related, read read read, dowloaded that 2 gig torrent that had every last possible PPC app from last year and before... and then upgraded to the HTC Ozone. I simply wore out the poor motoQ9. wont even turn on.

peace; Out.

i didn't thread jack did I?
  8. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I agree. I have had the custom rom installed on my Ozone for a couple of months now. I love it. It has helped me stay satisfied with my Ozone for longer. I ended up buying the full version of Kinoma Play and haven't regretted it at all. With the new rom, it should hold me until I can jump to Android with my next upgrade in another month or so. I love my Ozone, but it is starting to get more buggy, charging port is getting touchy, and sometimes it won't wake up when I hit a button (I have to pull the battery). I have used this phone hard for a good year and it has done well.
  9. mking8288

mking8288 Member

Question for those of you with unlocked Ozone still on VZW, when you go into Settings-Sounds, do you see just a single setting for Ring tone, or, do you see 2 settings - one for Ring tone for Line 1 and one for Ring tone for Line 2. It showed up on my phone without me realizing it until I came home from oversea late last week - maybe it's been hidden there the whole time & intended for Global Mode, 1 for the CDMA line and 1 for the GSM only, dunno - I cannot imagine it being active for both line at the same time and will ring accordingly since the firmware/software isn't designed for dual number/dual sim ??

It's interesting to see this however and I wished I got the chance to check it out while abroad. BTW, I managed to call VZW Global Support to activate the Vodafone sim (Orange) before leaving so it worked in both CDMA roamming & GSM roamming mode oversea, and I was reachable on my wireless number on either network. ****

My unlocked Ozone has traveled half way around the globe to Hong Kong, Vietnam & China this past month, and it worked beautifully in GSM Mode only using prepaid HK China Mobile sim for voice & data and Vinafone (MobiCard: Liveinfo) for voice only in HCMC/Saigon. It took about 10 minutes for the China Mobile tech/CSR to program the Ozone in GSM mode to access both wifi and internet using the phone's browser, as the default settings downloaded OTA to the phone by them alone couldn't get it working properly. A quick trip to their service counter was all it took and unlimited data (daily/weekly/monthly) was very, very cheap.

Anyone else seeing this Line 1 and Line 2 ring tone option under their Settings/Sound submenu & figure out what to do with it ??

**** The activated Vodafone sim from VZW worked in an unlocked LG phone that I took along as a backup (for GSM service.)
  10. rockarerista73

rockarerista73 New Member

Hi Mad Jester,

I have a HTC Ozone. When you have a phone call and you receive a text, the message alert tone will still play.
    Is there a way of removing this?
  11. rockarerista73

Hi,

Can you please help me on how to activate it? Which location should I put the file?

thanks a lot...........
  12. rockarerista73

Can anyone help me find nitrogen media player that is compatible to HTC ozone?

thanks.....
  13. l3iohazard

l3iohazard New Member

okey it took me a while to figure this out. but here goes use total commander to copy the dummy htc messagefrom where ever you saved it. (i have mine in a storage card) then backup to the base dir and open windows folder and paste it directly in the windows dir.
  14. rockarerista73

thanks...
    this really helps....

Is there an option where you can save your messages directly to your storage card?
  15. rockarerista73

Hi,

Is there a way to save my received/sent sms directly to the storage card?

Thanks.....
  16. rockarerista73

Using InboxTones, on what location should I put my mp3's so that i use it as message alert tone?

Thanks....