HTC Ozone Hacks Thread

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by TheMadJester, Jul 14, 2009.

1. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

This ^ post should be in it's own thread. Have you tried the Skyfire browser?
  2. chigins

chigins New Member

This has made the browser on this phone useable.. It was agonizing to use before..

3. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Personally, I use PDANet as I bought it previously for my Q9. It's not free, but it's only a one time cost of $30 instead of a monthly bill. There's also the built-in (free) internet connection sharing, though I've yet to try it, though IIRC, it doesn't require a client to be installed on the PC which is always nice.

Instead of Googling for Ozone software, look for WM software. Pretty much anything that can run on WM Standard will run on the Ozone.
  4. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

GPS Photos

Open registry to HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\P9

Enable=1

This gives you the option of GPS photo (Geotagging your photos taken with the phone's camera) when using the camera. I have yet to test to see if it actually embeds the GPS information though as I keep forgetting to take some test pictures. Only time I think of it is when I'm at work where I can't get a GPS signal from inside the office...

EDIT: You might also want to change the SaveFolder setting as well since the default folder is "My POI." I just tried it and couldn't find my pictures. *lol*
    As for it embedding the GPS coordinates, I can't tell. I have XnView installed on my phone, but it doesn't show any GPS information in the EXIF information. Maybe I need to run GMaps in the background before taking pics to make sure I actually do have a GPS fix.
    Can anyone else test this? I'm still at work and will probably forget to take some pictures when I get home.
  5. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Have you tried the hideous new Internet Explorer included in WM 6.5?
    This regedit makes it better, but it still sucks... I need to reinstall my Opera Mobile I think.
  6. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

I haven't tried Skyfire yet on my Ozone, though I did use the beta on my Q9 briefly. I can't recall if I liked it or not or what it did to my battery life, though I had a giant extended battery for my Q9. The extended battery I have for my Ozone I don't like as much, makes the phone feel awkward, so I'm currently not using it.

Though, after reconditioning the battery after flashing to WM 6.5, (or maybe it's just WM 6.5, did the reconditioning as part of the process, so can't really tell) my battery life with my standard battery is much better. I might have to try it out again.
  7. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

It's my understanding that if you've been a customer in good standing for 90 days (at least 3 months of service with no late payments etc), VZW usually provides unlock codes for free if you tell them you're heading over seas. I've yet to call them up as I no longer have my T-Mobile account, so I don't have a working SIM to test with. Though I suppose I could borrow my wife's... She doesn't like when I start touching her phones though... :/
  8. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

WM 6.5 SMS Sent Message Notification

The previous hack for disabling the sent message screen no longer works on WM 6.5. The fix found over on XDA is to replace the HTCMessaging.exe file in the Windows folder with a dummy version.

EDIT:
    For downloading directly from the phone, I just uploaded a zip version "temporarily" to my site. It'll probably be there for a few years with how often I clean stuff up, but just know it might disappear at some point in the future.

HTCMessage.zip
  9. nukethis

nukethis Member

So... Does this actually work???? I just edited my registry and I'll try later today to take some photos - I can check out the geotags using iPhoto.

Is there suppose to be an option in the menu or do I just assume that its turned on?
  10. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Does it actually work? I don't know, as I said, I've yet to remember to try it.
    When you open your camera, press the D-Pad to the left or right a couple of times to scroll through the different settings, there's one for Video, MMS Video, Contact Photos, etc. The last one is for GPS Photo.
  11. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

You'll also notice the P7 and P8 keys as well, you can enable those for Sports and Burst respectively. Not sure how much better the Sports setting will work, but burst might be fun to take a quick sequence of shots.
  12. nukethis

nukethis Member

Damn. My hopes for Geotagging died. The hacked doesn't seem to work. I've uploaded a sample.... Maybe I missed something....

Attached Files:

13. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Are you sure you used the GPS Photo setting? I just did a quick Google and downloaded the first program I found that could read exif data and it can't open your picture, though I copied over my two test pictures and they opened up fine. Though I didn't see anything that looked like GPS information in my files, but I'm also not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. I'd imagine one of the fields would be long and one would be lat.

I'll do some more testing tonight.
  14. azieba

azieba New Member

The Official VZW WM 6.5 ROM has bugs with Profiles. You can modify settings for Alerts, Notifications and System sound, but for some reason it ignores them. This is due to the HTC Volume Overlay - which is buggy. To get around it, we can disable it, defaulting to the WM 6.5 default Volume service. Everything works, except for the fancy Black/Grey Volume Display with shortcuts for Silent and Vibrate. The special keys still work for Vibrate and you can still select the profiles via the standard methods.

There are two methods to do this. Both are registry changes, I like the first method because it just changes a variable, while method two changes a filename to search for. I am not a big fan of putting in false filenames to search for, but you have the option of which you choose.

Variable Method
    HKLM\Services\HTCVolume
    Prefix = VOL should be changed to some other valuable, I changed mine to Prefix = NOVOL

or...

False File Method
    HKLM\Services\HTCVolume
    DLL = HTCVolumeControl.dll
    you can chage it to something like
    DLL = HTCVolumeControl_Bad.dll

Then restart your phone and use Profiles like Microsoft designed them.
  15. gorgarath

gorgarath New Member

Well, I looked a little more into it before I left work and it seems that there should be a bunch of GPS strings in the EXIF data from a screen shot I saw. I took some pictures on the way home with TrackMe locked into 9-12 satellites the whole way. Yet sadly, there is no GPS information in these pictures. I've got a few more things I want to look at and try, but it's not looking too promising at the moment.
  16. Flex12

Flex12 New Member

Thanks for all the hacks
    @camaro27
    I had the same problem initially

Go to
    HKCU\control panel\sound categories\in call\

"InitVol" should be set to lower setting (like 1)
    or if you want it louder set it higher and go deaf
  17. sixbennetts

sixbennetts Member

Which setting would adjust the speaker volume when using speakerphone?
  18. fcm94

fcm94 New Member

unlocked ozone

does anyone know what i need to do to add mms settings or how to unlock these settings ,when i go into the settings everything is greyed out new edit etc,i have all of my other settings done internet etc im useing this on tmobile and i have wm 6.5 onit email me at fcm94@yahoo.com if anyone knows.
  19. lee28

lee28 New Member

please help someone... i just bought a brand new still in the box ozone its never been activated , can someone give me diredtions how to unlock it ,, so i can use it with t-mobile....
  20. libby777

libby777 New Member

I've got Windows Mobile 5 & Verizon as my carrier on my HTC Ozone and I went to Microsoft's website to see if I could update to a later version. It stated as some of you may already know that there was no update available. Can someone direct me to where I can go to flash my Ozone to 6.x version of WM? Thanks in advance!