HTC Imagio Release Thread (posts, pics, and reviews)

Discussion in 'HTC Imagio' started by IMGO, Oct 7, 2009.

1. IMGO

IMGO New Member

HTC Imagio Release Thread (posts, pics, and reviews)

Lets get a REAL thread going for the Imagio. Ordered mines yesterday and I plan on making a review vid and posting it to youtube! Im coming from a blackberry storm and this will be a big change for me...cant wait!
    Specs Im geeked about: 3.6" display, 5 mp camera, TouchFlo 3D technology, WIFI, and the fact that it looks pretty solid as a overall device.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Look forward to seeing your review and videos.
  3. IMGO

IMGO New Member

Overall I think this phone is good in some ways and kinda lame in some ways! I havent really gotten to the core apps and found things online yet to personalize it but once I do that I think itll be better.
    First off - I like the phones shape, color, size, and feel. Looks and kinda feels just like a iphone..i also like the TouchFlo3d setup, its not much but its something different. The favorites tab for me is the biggest. Its very accessible and easy to navigate. Quick Texting and calling when using this feature. Next the call quality is WONDERFUL, you can hear the clarity in your speaker lol I also like the call screen. Its very bold and easy to read, you can also text, email, flash, or conference during your call from that screen. The slide to answer/hangup feature is pretty iphonish but pretty cool. Not comparing this phone to the iphone but there are some similar characteristics. Another thing that I love about the phone is the facebook link profile feature. This pulls your contacts past events, updates, and locks their photo in for the caller id. The camera overall is decent. Compared to my Storm I would say its a B+. I love the storms autofocus and flash..this phone def needs flash because there is really no way to take pics in the dark or low light. I do like the iphone type shutter button its very quick to take pics with.
    The email clients arent as sharp as I expected coming from a blackberry. Im use to up to date email , (even though Im sure theres an app or setting to keep receiving/downloading emails but I havent found it yet). There is a mobile email client which if Im not mistaken is free as long as you have a data plan. Its actually better than the microsoft bs, you can now download attachments and view pictures in the mobile email app. The facebook and Myspace apps arent the best but they are pretty good. They dont send notifications so youll have to go and check the app whenever you feel you have a notification.

The things that are going to make me return this device is the small on screen keyboard, I dont make mistakes that often but it happens more than normal. They have enough room on the screen to expand the keyboard yet its still a windows mobile based block style keyboard.

Besides the keyboard, flash , and loss of total connectivity with a Blackberry Id say this phone is pretty cool/solid! I can get into more details once Ive did my research..lol dont want to sound like a complete A-lister (hole) lol jk
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

post up some pics
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

Most of your cons can be fixed with software all except the hardware stuff like the missing flash that is.
    I cant post any links right cause im standing in the middle of a festival but u should definitely look for finger keyboard as a replacement and then check out the help me mod finger keyboard thread here in the omnia forum to make those buttons even bigger/ more spaced out
  6. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

The onscreen keyboard seems identical to the iphone/ipod as far as I can tell from using both. I get about the same number of errors.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

this is one thing i am very curious to see and get reviews on
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

as it is a touchscreen and i am coming from STRICTLY hardware keyboards i will tell u this. It took me almost 2 weeks to get to the same degree of accuracy that i had with the hardware keys using the free finger keyboard [​IMG]
    from here
    http://www.4shared.com/file/132836173/839ca8b2/FingerKeyb-21-WQVGA1.html
    and using the mods provided by txter here
    http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/samsung-omnia/what-keyboard-are-you-using-31980-4.html#post317923
    I am now just as good on my default on screen keyboard as i am with finger keyboard

the trick is to aim for the top center of each key and to rotate the phone to find the layout that suits u best
  9. IMGO

IMGO New Member

good find on the keyboard issue...too bad i just shipped my imagio back! Coming from a blackberry storm I just didnt see the device molding on me like my storm has...While using the Imagio Ive missed all of my messaging clients, aim, yahoo and BBM. The mobile IM on this device sucks because its the same as a regular vzw dumb phone! Other than the apps and keyboard Id say receiving emails would be the next issue that brought me to my return! I love having upto date, right that moment emailing/messaging and it just seems like i couldnt do that on the Imagio.
  10. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

ahhh the things WE do in haste

[​IMG]

Palringo IM
    http://www.palringo.com/en/us/

supports:
    Windows Live Messenger ® (MSN)
    AOL ® Instant Messenger (AIM)
    Yahoo! ® Messenger
    Google Talk ™
    ICQ ®
    Jabber ®
    iChat® / MobileMe ®
    QQ ®
    Gadu-Gadu ®
    Facebook Chat (Alpha)

I am so sorry for your loss, going back to blackberry, and a curve no less
    see with blackberry theres only so much you can do BUT with Winmo EVERYTHING is pretty much customizable

Nothing on my phone is the same as when i first opened the box, NOTHING
  11. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

And just like WM5 on, you can use pop, imap, imap idle and various versions of push to retrieve email either instantly or at intervals. Actually the Blackberry, I've found has a limited email offering at this point. BES doesn't work nearly as well as Exchange server. Synching of imap folders other than inbox doesn't seem as straight forward either but I could be missing something.

I'll have to get my hands back on the Imagio. It needs tweaking anyway so then I can go home and compare to the iPod Touch. I have a jailbroken iPod Touch on v3 OS. I looked for better keyboards for it but settled that the stock one works best.

I think Opera is better than Safari. Safari doesn't reformat text to fit the screen so you have to scroll left and right or zoom out to the point of eye strain. They both display about the same content.
  12. gderek37

gderek37 New Member

help

How do you put flash 10.0 on the imagio to work with opera 9.5