HTC Hub weather tiles

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by pikacz, Jan 19, 2012.

1. pikacz

pikacz Member

hi guys
    i have the htc hub enabled to run in the background, however my pinned weather tiles don't seem to update until i open the htc hub. i don't have constant internet connection, i enable it from time to time. i tried leaving it enabled for some time (10 minutes or so) but the tiles didn't update. do you know how often do the weather tiles refresh themselves (every hour etc.)?
  2. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

1. You should check the settings for the weather application specifically.

2. Navigate to your phone settings, then swipe to the applications pane, go into background tasks and check to see if your weather application is listed and what it says about background tasks enabled for it or not. If it requires having background tasks enabled, it may just be disabled and that's why it's not updating.
  3. pikacz

pikacz Member

it is enabled, i mentioned it in the first words of my post :p anyways i read somewhere that live tiles update every 30-60 minutes, so i guess it's normal
  4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I didn't overlook you mentioning it, I was just posting all possible options. The 30-60 minute live tile update could be the case. Such is the case with my Weather Channel application, the live tile updates every 30 minutes, although I think I saw an option somewhere recently within the application to change that.
  5. pikacz

pikacz Member

yep, i tried accuweather, the weather channel and weatherbug and they have the interval option available. too bad htc hub doesn't. at least its tiles are the most beautiful so i'm sticking to it :)