HTC Home Screen

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by omg its nate, Aug 5, 2008.

1. JWH10

JWH10 New Member

OR I could be a complete idiot and forgot you could do that....thanks for the refresh on Moto Q 101. I will be going and hiding for a bit now in embarrassment.
  2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Agreed, that's what I do when I find a theme that I like but is missing that feature, which although useful can't always fit the theme's design.
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Don't be embarrassed, we all pull something like this once in a while, its being human and for the most part people are pretty gracious about pointing it out for us to remember.
  4. rahulduggal

rahulduggal New Member

this theme is whack !! me likes. me likes very much
  5. redfisher1139

redfisher1139 New Member

Just a note...

For those of us using that other landscape phone(BlackjackII), the clock plugin does not work on that phone. Other than that, this is an insane HS, and I would love to get this analog clock figured out.
  6. spork27

spork27 Member

You may just have to try different versions of LCDPlug to find the one that works for your device (for example, the newest version doesn't work with the Q).
  7. RnRExpress

RnRExpress New Member

weather info on plugin

Sorry if I am missing something, and I did try and search, but what can you do if the weather feature doesn't list the city you want the weather to be? Are you out of luck and just select the earest city?
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

You are not missing anything, the fact is that no product can list or possibly grab EVERY city, so just pick the nearest major city. Even those that give you the option of picking a zip code and show your city name are not really picking it from that specific city, it still reports the major metro but is smart enough to capture the name of your city based on the zip code. Hope that helps.
  9. RnRExpress

RnRExpress New Member

I actually figured it out. There is an XML file you can edit in Notepad, and just add the city you want, in the proper format of course. Since it uses Accuweather, as long as it has it, you can add any city you want... cool :) Thanks for the reply!!

10. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

You are welcome and I am glad that you figured it out. But as I said, its just for the sake of display, even accuweather is only as detailed as the tower/doppler they are getting data from and although there are huge overlaps of doppler reference to give a blanket coverage, the data is generally coded for the location of the doppler and the city name or zip code is used to find out of all the dopplers, which one you are closest to and give you that encoding. Effectively you could be in a place that is so secluded that the nearest doppler is a metro 200 miles away and you will get THAT weather and you can look outside and KNOW it is not right. In populated areas like southern california, if you check the doppler map you will see there is a HUGE saturation of it but runs very thin in remote areas or even areas where the general weather is not variant. Anyway, good times.