HTC HD2- The retarded demon phone

Discussion in 'HTC HD2' started by HarryKey, Apr 22, 2010.

1. HarryKey

HarryKey New Member

HTC HD2- The retarded demon phone

I bought this phone because its specs were awesome. It was great on paper. It just had one minor drawback:
    It sucks. I dunno if I got a dud handset, if WM6 is to blame or it's just possessed by an evil spirit, but the phone is a lump of shit and I detail why in my blog which is rather cranky because I was so tired and cranky when I wrote it:

http://www.harrykey.com/blogs/the-htc-hd2-review-demon-phone/

But so you know: It hangs or crashes all the time, about twice daily I have to pull the battery, even with very little running in the background. The WiFi is weak, the internet is problematic and the phone function is slow. THE PHONE FUNCTION! It sometimes doesn't hang up and keeps transmitting to the person I was talking to when I am bitching about them. It's terrible.

The text messages sometimes don't send or send days late, and sometimes it doesn't retrieve for hours, when they do they get the wrong timestamp and the keyboard is a bit jittery. That makes for awkwardness mucho mucho.

The HTC website's complaints form is down and the customer service number is permanently engaged unless it's after hours, so I posted a blog to get their attention. I want a bloody refund or a different phone - maybe their Android one works better.

Don't buy it.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

have you gone back to your carrier and tried to swap out the device for another? perhaps its just bad. happens often, give it a shot.
  3. HarryKey

HarryKey New Member

I tried that option before writing a blog but I can't get a hold of HTC at all. I figured this method might make them want to help me more. I bought it in Bangkok and live in Bombay - so I can't just go back to the shop.
  4. n99hockey

oooh i see so you bought it unsubsidized...
  5. HarryKey

HarryKey New Member

Yeah. Bad move, huh?
    I was a bit over-excited thinking it'd be perfect.
  6. n99hockey

not necessarily...
    have you tried a complete reset of the device?
  7. HarryKey

HarryKey New Member

I bought it legit, just not on a plan BTW.

Yeah, did a hard reset when I started noticing problems a few weeks after I bought it.
  8. disease923

disease923 New Member

i agree with you totally, this phone is a pile of shit. i bought from t mobile because i thought the phone was awesome. the phone is slow as hell, internet explorer crashes everytime with an error, the phone turns itself off with no reason and i have to take of the batt so i can turn it back on it is a total deception.:dft007:angry