How to use Motorola Q9c as modem for laptop

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by claypool1705, Sep 18, 2008.

1. claypool1705

claypool1705 New Member

How to use Motorola Q9c as modem for laptop

I tried searching the forum for this topic but couldn't locate anything. Does anyone know of if you have to pay extra for the service if you use your phone as a modem? If so does anyone know of a third party application to by pass Sprint?

Thanks
  2. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Verizon charges me 15 bucks for tethering well worth it IMHO but I live in an area where dialup or sattilite is my only other option. There is a third party app that gets around this but not worth the big bill if caught to me.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

PDAnet does it, one time ~30 bucks..

potQ9c
  4. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Search for ICS - internet connection sharing, it's part of WM, no download required. Some are using it free, apparently it works without a PAM plan. Might require a reg hack, but it works fine on mine straight up.
  5. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Built in with WM 6.1, just use Internet Sharing. <Start, Internet Sharing> If you already have a vision plan or data share plan with Sprint it is totally free. You don't need PDA net, but that will work also.
  6. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

...And if anyone needs a copy of PDANet to "test" let me know, I will send to you.
  7. cmuchill

cmuchill New Member

bummer wished i would have known that before I bought PDAnet
  8. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

Hey buddy I would like to test it for ya. PM me if you need my email addy. Thanks.
  9. B1gC72

B1gC72 New Member

i use PDANet personally. its great and i have no fear of getting service cut since there is no way i will go over 5GB's with it. as long as you limit yourself to simple browsing (blogs, email, a little youtube) it's pretty hard to rack up 5GB's in a month. i use a *ahem* "test copy" of PDANet so that was free. i already pay like $45 a month for the data plan (which is absurd), why should i have to pay $15 more for something the phone can already do?

go with PDANet. even if you do decide to pay for it, its still only $30 one time.
  10. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

Why don't you switch to the 29.99 plan?
  11. B1gC72

B1gC72 New Member

*sigh* because I keep forgetting it exist. ill try and do it when I get home since its on my mind now.
  12. mbrevard

mbrevard New Member

Place foot against butt and repeat haha
  13. bigkev890

bigkev890 New Member

internet share

Hey everyone, I am brand new here, and I just wanted to input a little about internet share and pdanet...

When I first got my q9c from sprint, I did not know it had internet share, so I purchased pdanet...It worked, but after about 5 mins, it would stop, I had to reboot the phone, then it would work again for 5 mins. pdanet support said thats what happens with some phone, and thats the only answer i got, so they refunded me the money...

then I found internet share... works perfectly fine, and pretty fast. I use my laptop at work when I work nights, and am connected all night watching movies, listening to internet radio etc...

Been reading a lot here and will be visiting a lot. A lot of really cool people here and a lot of awesome information. Thanks for allowing me to join your awesome community!!!! Take care, and while you guys are all getting up, ill be going to bed, so good night!!!!
  14. shortyscwater17

shortyscwater17 New Member

can i get a TEST COPY of PDANET. you can just email it to me
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

why not go to there website and download the trial version?
  16. berger1980

berger1980 New Member

Send me a pm for the "test" copy
  17. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

From what I have read, there might be a slight difference between the trial and the "test" copy. But that might just be me.

Yea Internet Sharing works fine for me. It's free with the vision plan and I don't need added software on my phone. Simpler the better.
  18. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea i gathered what 'test' copy means

dont post this 'test' copy here...we dont support cracked/warez/hacked software here
  19. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

PDANet is so cheap for what it can offer in return, why would these guys want to 'steal' licenses from them??... I agree Scott.... they should not be mentioning or offering these so-called 'test' / ripped-off copies.

Come on guys, give some love to the author of PDANet!! He saves all of us a hell of a Lot of $$$$$...
  20. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

I tried installing the free trial version of PDANet 2.0. It installed and I was able to connect to the internet, but when I closed the connection and tried to re-start, it gave me an Error 633 message. I did a PC system restore to wipe out the installation and tried to install again and got the exact same result: worked once but then gave the 633 message.

Anyone have a solution?