how to turn off GPS

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by philifan, Jun 12, 2010.

1. philifan

philifan New Member

how to turn off GPS

hi all, i have a simple question, its probably easy to do but not to familiar with this phone yet. I activated the quick GPS app and the icon on the top of the phone screen shows it is active. I was wondering how to turn the gps off, dont need it right now and would like the icon to be gone. I looked under options in the quick gps screen and there is no option to turn it off. thanks in advance.
  2. mhans311

mhans311 Member

The reason that icon appears is because when you activate quick gps it turns your location setting to ON. Quick GPS does not turn your gps on and off, it just downloads satellite information so that it will lock on faster when you are using gps. To turn location off, go to settings > phone > location setting and then switch it to 911 ONLY. This should make it so that the icon is just a little circle. It won't have the little lines coming out of it. I am assuming this is the icon you are talking about. You will have to turn location back on if you want to use GPS in Google Maps or Bing or any other GPS service.
  3. philifan

philifan New Member

once again thanks, you have been most helpful. That answered all my questions and I understand how it works now. Turned it to 911 only so all set, thanks again.