how to save contacts when you lock the Q up?

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by motyvator, Oct 3, 2007.

1. motyvator

motyvator New Member

how to save contacts when you lock the Q up?

After returning from an overseas vacation my Q locked up I tried some old passwords and nothing Verizon said it happened because A. I turned it on overseas B. going trough security comming back to the US C. I didnt put in the last four #s of my cell phone #. they tried four 0s and six 0s and oferred me a hard reboot doing so will wipe out all my contacts does anyone know how to unlock or bypass the password or how to get my contacts off the phone I cant affored to loose them it is my livelyhood any ideas I cant support my family without my contacts please help Thank You
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome, this is exactly why i say backup, backup & BACKUP !! it's not that this is the first Q ever to lock up.. it may not be a widespread issue but the chance is there.

ok that being said.. i think you are SOL, there is software called WM5torage, which turns the Q into a flashdrive/jumpdrive/whateveryoucallit.. i don;t think you'll be able to install it, but if that would work you can at least copy the pim.vol out of the Q's root, that contains contacts and the calendar.

good luck.
  3. ii Candor ii

ii Candor ii New Member

Wow. Yeah, if they're that important you probably want to back them up more often. I sync with my lappy once a day.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ditto here.. well, it happens every time i connect the Q. (plus also other files i want to keep are being synced w/ my laptop.
  5. motyvator

motyvator New Member

help me get my contacts

I have asked for help and got none so far does anyone know how to get by the password and get the contacts out????
  6. motyvator

motyvator New Member

Please Help!!!!!
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

how about i think you will not be able to get them out... as i said before, just because the help offered is not what you want to hear, it could be all the help there is available.
  8. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Call Moto. Assuming it is truly your phone and you can prove it, you might be able to send it to them. Honestly I certainly hope there is no way to bypass the password and get data off the phone. If I ever lose mine I don't want anyone being able to get that data.