How to kill programs on the Moto Q9?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by jablms59, Oct 28, 2007.

1. jablms59

jablms59 New Member

How to kill programs on the Moto Q9?

Ok Verizon Tech support was 0 help on this so maybe you guys can help if there is a solution...

It seems when you open any Program or application on the Q9 there is NO way to exit it... Short of going into the task manager and selecting kill or "kill all"...

I dont see the standard <file> <exit> or the little "x"...

Is there something im missing or even a 3rd party application add on that will give you that functionality?...
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

there is nothing you are missing... it is the same on the Q1. WM is designed this way and most programs in the background cause no issues and there is no reason to kill them...
  3. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Rudeboy' right as usual but to add a little info, a lot of the 3rd party apps do have an exit function. There are also a few other third party apps that close the ones that don't have an exit. Qtasks, Zap It which is part of QuickLauncher, WM5.0 Task Manager to name the three I have as part of my final setup. Lots more if you search and read.

I used to worry about closing IE and some of the other w/o an exit function but after reading a lot of discussion (debates) I've come to believe that WM 5.0 does an OK job managing memory so I don't go crazy closing task and also don't feel it's a battery killer. If WM 5.0 needs memory it will kill the unused app itself.

Keep reading though the various posts and you'll find a lot of info.