How to keep programs running?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by dragonfly, Apr 28, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

How to keep programs running?

I know this is probably a simple fix/answer but I don't feel like going deep into research for it if someone else already knows what to do, is there anyway to minimize google maps? so it continues to run in the background? I have google maps with latitude on it and my wps finds my location but this way if someone needs to find me they can see where i am not just when i update it. If it can continue to run in the background even though i know its a battery drain.

Some people are against the whole tracking thing but id like to have it on so that if A. I lose the find i can possibly remember where i left it if i have google maps running on it with the wps running. and B. if someone needs to find me for an emergent issue they can if they are my friend that is like my family/ close friends.

Thanks guys.
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

try this and lemme know if it helps

supposed to stop 6.1 auto closing of apps after so long idle

Attached Files:

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Shall test it out. thanks man.
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Nice find if it works. Never heard of it before. I have palringo, Pocetwit, skyfire, PIE running and texting for a bit now and they are all still open.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

and now they close. Good try.
  6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Yeah i dunno how well this file is running. its not constantly updating my position in google maps :(
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

OK, I'll bite, what does that app have to do with the maps?
  8. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

lol i was wondering the same dragonfly
  9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

haha i was hoping that i could find something so that i could keep my google maps running in the background so that my location would continue to be updated and not just when i reopened the program.