How to hide volume bar

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by ryoungwriter, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ryoungwriter

ryoungwriter New Member

Anyone know how to hide the volume bar at the top of the screen? When I listen to music or watch a video, I think it's happening with any app that uses sound, the volume bar shows up and the only way I can get rid of it is to take the offending app off the start menu or reboot the phone.

I'm thinking there's a better way, but haven't found it yet.
  2. Fleon

Fleon New Member

That sounds very abnormal. My volume bar is normally hidden unless I hit the volume key, and then it only pops up for about 5 seconds or so. I think you might have a short or something with one of your buttons.
  3. pinoyken

pinoyken New Member

Your volume bar should automatically disappear after a few seconds after adjusting it, sounds like something inside your volume button might be geting stuck, or something in the software.
  4. ryoungwriter

ryoungwriter New Member

Thanks all. I think I found the problem, the BodyGlove case. I think it was pressing on the volume bar just enough to hold it on. I solved the problem by using a hole punch to create openings around the button. As well as those over the power and camera buttons -- I was having similar problems with them.