HOW TO FIX YOUR Q!!!! (Or something less dramatic)

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by VTDr0p0ut, Aug 8, 2006.

1. jasonbob

jasonbob New Member

I use ActiveSync to sync up with my PC and after doing the above steps it still syncs. When you follow the instructions there are two areas where you uncheck the boxes (Exchange Server) and (Windows PC). Leave the windows PC boxes checked and undeleted and it still syncs. Just created a new contact in outlook and it synced up just fine.

Jason
  2. jeff d cunningham

jeff d cunningham New Member

I recently bought a Sprint Q and my data connection (left and right arrows) is constantly on. I'm assuming this causes considerable battery drain?

Also, I'm in the process of trying to hook up my exchange server to sync my email and it's not allowing me because a missing root certificate.

Can anybody help me with these two issues.

Thanks,

Jeff
  3. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Item 1: Nope the arrows only indicate that you are connected to data. You are using data when the pda icon is present.

Item 2: Do you have a legal copy. If so I think you have to generate a cert. Haven't done it myself. Just read about it once on qusers.com
  4. gmardre

gmardre New Member

after doing this, is it still necc to upgrade to MOL2?

Edited: What I mean, is that my phone works pretty well. I have update 1. If this fixes the battery issue---of which there was not THAT much of a problem,
    since MOL1, then I don't know if it is worth the risk of messing up everything like some posters have said...
  5. inf3st

inf3st New Member

The best advice i can give ya is just wait it out. Watch your battery and see if you see a noticable difference. If you don't, go ahead and do the update.
  6. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Well...after doing this little fix, I now have 4 bars of battery. I never had 4 before---only three. I have a feeling that in the MOL2 update, they somehow tweaked this same item somehow, so that the battery results are the same. Amazing.
  7. Amosrock

Amosrock New Member

i got a sprint Q recently and my battery life has been terrible...it hasn't lasted me a full day yet...i just did this fix...i am about to go to bed now...so it'll charge up and i'll test it tomorrow and see where i'm at at the end of the day. crossing my fingers
  8. bubbatex

bubbatex New Member

I have a Sprint Q with Outlook sync'ing. I have to monitor it pretty good to get through the day. However, the biggest killer, IMO, are calls! I spend about 2-3 hours each weekday on the phone. However, even with activesync running on the weekends, I do OK. Extended battery here I come!
  9. Utah Q User

Utah Q User New Member

what is the mol2 update and how do i get it ...
  10. gmardre

gmardre New Member

11. mbarry55

mbarry55 New Member

I just got my Q today(Sprint)...and I want to do this fix, but I don't see anything about Wireless Sync, or how to disable it. Is this a Verizon specific feature, if not how do I disable it on Sprint? Do I even need to do this with a Sprint one?
  12. hugo arellano

hugo arellano New Member

My moto Q no start

My moto no start, only shows this : Motorola Flash Mode
    Bootloader Version :
    BOOT_C_03.0500r_MPAP

Charger Connected
    Please Connect the USB Cable

please i nedd help!!!

Hugo.
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

search for 'flash boot loader'
  14. TedETGbiz

TedETGbiz New Member

Firmware update version #

I bought a black Motorola Q in Sept. 07 and am wondering how to tell if this update is already loaded on it. I hate to spend the time doing the update when it won't be something I don't already have.

1. How do I get the firmware version on both the Q and the update, so I can compare them?
    2. Is it worth loading it anyway, just in case?

Thanks!
    Ted T.
  15. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I think there may have been an update that came out after september, but not for sure. If you run the Motorola Software Update program, it will not acutally install the upgrade if you already have it.