HOW TO FIX YOUR Q!!!! (Or something less dramatic)

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by VTDr0p0ut, Aug 8, 2006.

1. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Nope - just a pop check at fifteen minute intervals.

Looking forward to these...
  2. bpatt

bpatt New Member

I can definitely see a vast improvement in my battery life! :happy: Speed has never been much of an issue for me so that's hard to quantify. Thanks very much, VT!
  3. bmwbig6

bmwbig6 New Member

Yes, thank you. This may be premature to post "conclusive" results, but I noticed approximately 30% better battery performance yesterday with my usual usage. Monitoring it again today...
  4. cincysaab95

cincysaab95 New Member

Thanks for the information however,

I've tried following your directions however, when I go to Active Sync, Menu, my 'add server source' is grayed and not selectable. What am I doing incorrectly? Please advise. Thanks again!
  5. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

Is there a blue-link in the center of your screen? Also, I believe if your phone is currently connected to your desktop/thinks its in a sync-mode, it doesn't work.
  6. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

For those of you that have yet to do this (or having issues doing this), please read the prepended step!
  7. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

I applied this, but I haven't realized the battery savings. Either I screwed up the process, or my batteries were super-efficient...

...I think I will take a second look at my process application...

-simpson
  8. joshuabrand

joshuabrand New Member

Will this do anything if I have MOL2? The battery is horrible even on my brand new black Q with the most recent software.
  9. Corvida

Corvida New Member

Using this little hack. Battery is currently at 75% and I turned my phone off through the Wireless Manager because I have no service right now. Phone has been on and not charging since about 6 a.m. Will see how long it will last for tomorrow.
  10. VTDr0p0ut

VTDr0p0ut New Member

I don't believe this affects the MOL2 update. Microsoft used to default the checking to "Every 10 minutes" (hence the PDA icon even when no POP e-mail was defined and wireless sync was turned off), however I found that with the MOL2 update, the default setting is now "as items arrive" so it is setup for Push instead of polling.

Never hurts to set it to manual just to completely remove any kind of polling a Push setup might induce.
  11. dwaner

dwaner New Member

Wow thanks for the reminder, I performed this on my Dell Axim X50v last year and it worked great. I will do the same on my Q.
  12. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

This is easy enough to verify. Just soft boot the phone before doing the hack and wait half an hour. If there still aren't data connection arrow icons listed then the phone didn't auto connect. I'm going to try this and see if the phone really polls even with no exchange server present.

Ok, no go. The phone doesn't initiate a data connnection every ten minutes. You'll only get this polling if you have an exchange server configured on the phone even if it won't sync or is told not too.
  13. donalexander3

donalexander3 New Member

you didnt lose your contacts?

I did the mol2 update just yesterday and lost my contacts,,, could they be somewhere else instead of just gone?
  14. knine

knine New Member

Can this process be easily reversed. My son saw this and thought he was doing me a favor and now my cal. will not sync through outlook. I have already tried to set the sync time back and tried the master reset, but I still can't sync, but it will connect. Help!!!
  15. davereed3

davereed3 New Member

dumb questions..sorry!

I'm sorry i am learning about this stuff slowly...

1.can you define "microsoft exchange server" user?

2.i just noticed this little "PDA" icon on the top of my screen since i did the mol2 update. is that normal? i set the sync to 4hrs, but that thing is way more often.

3.Also, it seems that by my signal strength bar is now always 2 arrows (one point left, the other right). is that normal?

Dave
  16. dkeichner

dkeichner New Member

Batt Life

Do you mean that the stabdard batt can last longer theb 4 hours?
  17. inf3st

inf3st New Member

I have seen standard batteries last up to 2 days.
  18. knine

knine New Member

Can anyone help?
  19. inf3st

inf3st New Member

I would assume that if he can remember the passwords he used this can be fixed. If he can't remember them you will have to do a master reset.
  20. knine

knine New Member

Thanks for the help guys, but it turns out the new virus protection program my son installed (McAffe 2007) was blocking the connection. Deleted that crap and all is well. Any suggestions on a good virus protection program
    :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:.