How to create themes...

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by WIndeXqc, Jan 16, 2007.

1. WIndeXqc

WIndeXqc New Member

How to create themes...

Anybody can tell me where i can find the application to crate themes for the Moto Q. I have the one for Blackberry but not for the Moto Q.:laugh2:
  2. qwho

qwho New Member

Most of us on here edit the xml file which makes up your home screen. If you look in the device folders, specifically application data\home, you'll see the various xml files and their images. Everyone here started at that point. Download some samples from this site and you'll be able to reverse engineer thme and make what you want in no time. If you have lots of questions about this, search the forums here and at qusers.com - between the two, you should be able to find out everything you need.

Otherwise, I believe there are some applications that let you make home screens, but they are not a usful as you might think. If all else fails you can ask one of us to make you one.:tounge:
  3. WIndeXqc

WIndeXqc New Member

Thanks qwho, :2cool:I will try that.:2cool:
  4. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Home Screen Creators

I can specifically recommend the "Home Screen Designers" thread that I created. :wink:

One application to create Home screens is the V2R Home Screen Editor. I haven't tried it, but it looks pretty cool.

Steve
  5. WIndeXqc

WIndeXqc New Member

Thanks Ill try that out.
  6. EJKing

EJKing New Member

xml d.i.y.

I am familiar with HTML, but not at all with XML - I would really like to get to know it better as it is becomming more and more popular as config files.

Each time I modify the code to what I want (just deleting plugins, not even adding anything yet - I am just modifying the VZW Wireless Sync Theme XML file to my liking), I get the top bar correctly, and the top line with the service & time, but under that is a white box that says "The layout you have selected cannot be" ... (goes off screen - i assume the next word is "displayed")

What am i doing wrong, or would i just be better off starting from scratch, and if so, how do i do that?

(Just FYI, what i want to do is get rid of the Application Icons, stick in the Wireless Sync Bar with all the stuff, service, date, time, tasks, calendars, and maybe stick in a couple shortcut icons to my absolute most-used programs - all in ONE cramped screen, without scrolling down)

Can you help me? Thank You So Much!
  7. geeek204

geeek204 New Member

I have used the plugin RJTasks, but I cannot get it to highlight or chage color when selected. Here is my xml:
    <!-- RjTasks -->
    <plugin clsid="{EE1DEFE4-6301-4510-9DE4-DF7333F4D4FB}" name="Tasks" height="26">
    <action target="\Windows\Start Menu\Tasks.lnk"/>
    <label x="110" y="3" font-size="16">
    <image filename="\Windows\Tasks.exe" iconindex="0" iconsize="small"/>
    <text>Tasks: <activeTasks/></text>
    </label>
    </plugin>
    I have the
    <format state="unselected" fgcolor="#CCCCCC" font-weight="normal" />
    <format state="selected" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" font-weight="bold" />
    tags higher up in my code.

Thanks,
    Storm
  8. geeek204

geeek204 New Member

I actually have another question. I just tried out rjshorcut and cannot get the icons to display. I have tried linking the shortcuts to the start menu entries and the exe files, does anyone kow how to get these to dispaly?

Thanks,
    Storm