how to copy contacts from q to computer

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by rich424, Oct 16, 2009.

1. rich424

rich424 New Member

how to copy contacts from q to computer

So.... is there anyway to copy phone contacts from Q to Windows Vista? I dont want to back them up to new phone (Q9c). I just want them on the laptop so I can manually put them on the new phone when I have time. I want to be able to view contacts in a word file or something similar. Thanks for looking. My Q is running Windows Mobile 5.
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Outlook through ActiveSync/WMDC. It does have the bad habit of wiping out all your contacts unless you set the options right. Paco will prolly weigh in on this soon.
  3. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

If you do a google search there is some info on this but it does not look easy. Good luck!
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if you have vista you need windows mobile device center and not active sync
  5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

6. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

how about motorola phone tools ?
    I used that on my Razor and it saved my contacts in excell format.
    just a thought

sent from my Q9c
  7. n99hockey

moto phone tools doesnt work with the Q
  8. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

when using an app that lets you display and control your Q from a PC ... could you copy and paste to word ?
    I don't remember the app mymobiler maybe...

sent from my Q9c
  9. n99hockey

yea i think my mobler would work
    or even soti pocketcontroller pro
    jeyo
    or any of the online programs

myphone
    dashwire
    etc.
  10. rich424

rich424 New Member

still have not got it to work.
  11. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

What if you send the contact as vcard to your PC ? I just mailed myself a vcard to my phone and although it didn't let me view the info. It did ask me if I wanted to save to contacts. Downside is I think you have to do them one at a time.

edit: Okay I just got home and sent a vcard to my windows 7 machine that only has windows live mail. It was able to open the vcard. But, I have not found a way to send the whole address book. Sending one at a time would be a pain.

Here's a thought ...
    find a friend that has office outlook ... set up a new account and sync your contacts then export them to a flash drive and import them to your computer.

sent from Q9c
  12. pistacio

pistacio New Member

I use Nscontacts from Nyxbull...freeware. Not sure if it will do what your looking for. It does give the option of editing contacts on your PC. (silver Q, WM5, MOL2)