How to convert contact name as ringtones?

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Diamond' started by april09, Oct 15, 2009.

1. april09

april09 New Member

How to convert contact name as ringtones?

Is there any application which can convert contact name as ringtones in HTC Diamond 2? It will be easier for me to know who is calling. Anyone knows?
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I think you would have to use Audacity or something like that to record you speaking the name and then assign that sound to the contact.
  3. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Here is what I did ...
    I use youmail for voice mail. It downloads the message in media player so ... I had my contacts leave me a voice mail saying " Hey its me Doug " then I can download the voicemail and asign it to Doug. Works great !!!
    plus its cool to have the actual voice of the caller as their ringtone.
    sent from my Q9c
  4. bberryhill0

That is way too cool. Nice job gnath.

Edit: M$ Recite would work if they weren't discontinuing it at the end of the year. Is there any other way to save voice notes?
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

phonefusion is free if all you use it for is media player listening/recording like gnath said...youmail may be also.
  6. bberryhill0

Dumbphones seem to have voice notes. Is this something that is just too hard to implement on a smartphone?
  7. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

My Q9c has voice notes. You can also set the note as a ringtone. But, In my case I wanted the actual callers voice as the ringtone ... my friends think its so cool !!!

sent from my Q9c
  8. bberryhill0

I use the start menu so little that I forgot that was where voice notes was. :/ It works but I get a click/buzz at the beginning of the recording.

Set as Ringtone copies the .wav file to AppData/Sounds and sets it as your current ringtone so it would be easier to copy it from My Documents/Notes yourself to avoid having to reset your main ringtone.