How to change the ringtone (sms,email,call) to whatever song I want ?

Discussion in 'HTC HD7 and HTC HD7S' started by Htet Naing Lynn, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

I know this question is a bit lame but I just dun seem to be able to figure it out. I wanna change my ringtone to some random mp3 but I can't find a way to do that. Can anyone tell me how to do it ? I'm using HTC HD7.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

I believe you can only use preinstalled sounds, not custom ones from another location.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

This is true. Update coming in Feb, hopefully custom alert tones are included.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully is the key word... :)
  5. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

WHAT !! :eek: ya gotta be kidding me. I thought I was damn lame for not being able to figure it out. I guess MS is lamer than me in this case. Developers of windows 7 fone use one single ringtone on their phone ? I believe not. ah that's terrible. Even my damn old sony ericsson can do it , no sweat. Damn ! This makes me regret for getting Windows 7 mobile.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Well no, you don't have to stick with a single ringtone; there are pre-installed ones. But you can't just use random, custom, ringtones that you transfer to the phone.

settings/ringtones & sounds
  7. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Thanks. I know this sounds a bit stupid but I have been using the same ringtone for sms and phone call for almost 5 to 6 years. Now my problem is even if the phone rings I dun seem to realize that it's my phone. LOL. cuz I normally put the phone in my bag, vibration ain't an option here too. Guess, I will just have to train myself to get used to this new sound. Thanks all.-
  8. johnlite

johnlite New Member

its included in mango update for the record if anyone going to see this topic again
    ninjaap likes this.