How to backup Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Stryker, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Stryker

Stryker New Member

How to backup Bookmarks

I've already amassed alot of bookmarks. To save me alot of heartache later if I had to do a master reset, I'd like to backup my bookmarks. Anyone know how or if it can be done?
  2. QBall

QBall New Member

Windows Mobile 5.0 Backup

Don't know if this helps, but according to the June/July issue of Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine, "Microsoft removed the ability to perform back-ups using ActiveSync 4.x," because "Windows Mobile 5.0 devices store all data in non-volatile flash ROM," so "backup/restore function isn't needed." HA!! Magazine also says that third-party developers are adding WM5 support to backup/restore programs. Two that the magazine says are currently available are SPRITE BACKUP program (www.spritesoftware.com/pocketpc.php) and Spb BACKUP (Spb Software House). Hope this helps.
  3. QBall

QBall New Member

Also...

Forgot to mention that there is a screenshot of the Spb Backup program in the mag, and it allows the user to choose between a "full backup" and a "custom backup," and also allows user to schedule regular backups. Again, hope this helps.
  4. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Here is that "Screen Shot" [​IMG]

Thanks QB, this is very useful info!
  5. QBall

QBall New Member

And finally...

If you go to Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! - Your Home for Windows Mobile Reviews and Editorials!, there is a great review of the Spb Backup 1.0 program (and LOTS of other program reviews) with many screenshots, etc. On the website homepage, click on the "Pocket PC Reviews" button (reviews done by Fitch for Pocket PC Magazine), and there is a drop-down list available listing his reviews. He also has a mobile version of his website which may be handy for keeping updated on his reviews of new mobile programs.
  6. QBall

QBall New Member

Thanks for the screenshot Tom...

You're better at this than I am!!
  7. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

I never knew there was a backup program available for the "Q". Im still learning, thats why im here. I just added to your {Definately Useful To Me) topic.