how install a .cab or .rar file

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by philifan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. philifan

philifan New Member

how install a .cab or .rar file

Hi all, have a simple poblem and I cant seem to figure out. I am trying to install pocketnester on my htc ozone. I have a .cab file and a .rar file and when I try to open them it says cant find pocketnester (or one of its components). make sure path is correct blah blah. any ideas,thanks.
  2. philifan

philifan New Member

I just tried installing it from a zip folder and all I get is it saying it is not a valid windows ce application,please help if anyone knows what to do, thanks
  3. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

thats for a ppc
  4. philifan

philifan New Member

i assume your refering to a pocket pc. the files i tried to download were intended for smartphones(at least it said it was) and none of them worked. what am i doing wrong, or am i just not doing enough research to understand what files i can download. anyway just trying to figure this out.
  5. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

yes, ppc is pocket pc.

can you supply the link where you got the cab file from?
  6. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

as for a rar file, you'd have to have something like Winrar and as for as i know, there isn't a app to open rar files.
  7. philifan

philifan New Member

yea i couldnt find anything to open the rar file so gave up on that. I am still trying to find the addresses I found the files on earlier. I have been all over google today trying to find something that would open. I believe the cab was from xda-developers and the zip was from freeware, but dont quote me on that, still looking
  8. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

go to hellomotoq.com and look in the games section of their download area. you'll find what you're looking for right there.
  9. philifan

philifan New Member

ok thanks I'll check it out right now. I am pretty sure I downloaded the wm 6.1 versions but couldnt get those to work either. I only had this phone since june so still learning so all the help I can get is much appreciated, thank you and will let you know if this works.
  10. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

if you have the cab can you email it to me? you might be for win mo professional (touch-screen) instead of standard (non touchscreen) or visa versa.
  11. philifan

philifan New Member

i did a search and found some links for pocketnester but no luck, they were all locked or removed. just have to keep lookin i guess
  12. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

check your pm's