How I like and setup my week old Q9C!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by DrQ, Feb 2, 2008.

1. keylock

keylock New Member

Where may I find the Quicklauncher program? A website link to read about it and download it would be great.

I googled quicklancher, and searched on this website. Got a lot of results, and even tried to install a couple of programs that came from those searches, but they don't seem to be what you are describing here.

PS this is my first post, and I just got my Sprint Q9c a couple days ago!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

check the 'Official Software Thread' that is stickied in the Software Forum
    that might have it listed there with a link
  3. keylock

keylock New Member

I found a thread called Official Application List is that what you were referring to? I can't find quicklauncher listed there.

...I did find it listed in Time for another round of Favorite Apps Thread!--but no links

...Also, found it in software to remap keys--that one has a link to a thread at qusers.com which I'd really like to read, but I can't get to the site. Is it down, or just my connection?

...I think I finally found it in A Killer Launcher (literally) there is a downloadable file Quicklauncher.zip, is that it?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its possible
    i dont think i have used that app
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i looked this up too after DrQ posted and it was a tough find...with no info about it. i guess i gave up cause i dont have it!!! =)
  6. keylock

keylock New Member

Well, I guess I don't feel so bad that I couldn't find it :wink:

After hours and hours of searching and installing all kinds of apps I finally figured it out :thumbup:

It's pretty cool. I set it up so that, once memorized, I don't have to look at the phone to launch any of the common applications I use. Also, I never have to open the start menu or go to the home screen--I can launch, switch to, or kill any application via QuickLauncher.

Download QuickLauncher.zip from here:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/software/a-killer-launcher-literally-7590.html

Unzip, and install QuickLauncher.cab on your device.

Installing automatically remaps the camera key to launch QuickLauncher--you can change that, but I haven't learned how yet (links appreciated).

Just tapping the camera key doesn't work for me--have to hold it for a second or so, but it's not really a long press either. Anyway, a menu pops up on the right side of the screen like the you can see in the thread linked above.

Pressing "up" on the 5-way highlights the edit option (even if it it hidden behind a title bar) then pressing "select" allows you to add, delete and reorder the items.

I set it for these key sequences:
    camera -> up -> up: Zap-It--the program the thread above mentioned was titled after
    camera -> up -> up -> up: WM5 Task Manager
    camera (default): Notepad
    camera -> down: Windows Media Player
    camera -> down -> down: opens a folder called "z"
    camera -> down -> down -> down: Camera application

Inside the folder "z" I have more folders. So once entering "z":
    up: "9_Utils"
    up -> up: "8_Misc"
    (default) "1_Quick"
    down -> "2_WM"
    down -> down: "5"

Inside each of those folders I have 3 to 6 applications--except "5", which has more subfolders for things I don't use often.

1_Quick has my most often used apps
    2_WM has my most often used windows mobile apps (messaging, calendar, etc.)

BTW, there are a couple of programs I haven't found a shortcut (.lnk) to copy to my "z" folder. If someone could give me a hint, much appreciated. They are both launched by pressing and holding <Home> (to access the Quick Menu):
    Task Manager
    Wireless Manager

Now for the reason I called the folder "z":
    I put it in the Start Menu, so [if using the grid view]:
    Home -> Start -> up -> left will always get me to my shortcuts
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

wow! good job!
  8. keylock

keylock New Member

Thanks! Couple more things I changed/figured out later:
    1) I created a shortcut to the task manager that is run from the Quick Menu, and decided to use it instead of WM5 Task Manager on my QuickLauncher menu.
    2) I created a shortcut to Wireless Manager
    3) Having the directories, or files, having names beginning with numbers allows pressing the number key to jump to that folder or file. So if you had a fairly long list of folders or files you could rename them so that each has a unique number in front (up to 10 files/folders 0-9) and access them quickly.