How do you trick websites into displaying full site instead of mobile site in PIE?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by blaidan, Dec 10, 2007.

1. blaidan

blaidan New Member

How do you trick websites into displaying full site instead of mobile site in PIE?

On my old original Q I put in the following hacks to fool websites into displaying the full site and not the mobile version of their site. They don't seem to have worked on my Q9c:

** HKLM\Sofware\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent and change the values there.
    Specifically, try changing the following:
    * Version -- Change "4.01" to "5.0", "6.0" or later.
    * Platform -- Change "Windows CE" to "Windows NT 5.1".
    ** Some sites (like EverythingQ) seem to check another value, so you may still get the mobile site even after the hack. To fix that, go to the following registry key:
    \HKLM\Sofware\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform and rename the Smartphone; 176x220 value to something like SmartpXhone; 176x220 (breaking up the "phone" string with an "X").

However, after performing these hacks on my Q9c and trying to go to www.youtube.com I still get forced to the mobile version of the site. Anyone have any ideas what else needs to be done to get this to display the full sites?
  2. Damionix

Damionix New Member

3. BIGD

BIGD New Member

get smarttweaker. there is a tweack that fakes IE6 which is pretty cool
  4. blaidan

blaidan New Member

Thanks, guys.