How Do You Rock Your Q?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Duke4062, Feb 22, 2007.

?

How do you rock your Q?

1. Pouch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Side Holdster/belt clip

17 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. shirt/coat pocket

55 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. front pocket

13 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. back pocket

73 vote(s)
    50.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I have a similar one! Fits in baggy pockets! I talk on it with the cover closed..it has a mic hole. That keeps "ear prints" off the screen also. I do wind up pulling it out of the case if I'm doing any extensive Q'ing, like gaming, because the leather strap above the D-Pad does get in the way a bit. Only holds a couple cards but thats all I carry! I got the Smartphone Experts one from here, EQ. Oh, and this one...if you use the SD pocket, plan on locking your keys as the card sits perfectly atop the action button. Best of all though, like Piranah said, I get to leave my wallet at home. I use Extreme wallet for more card info too!
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

on the charger, battery going bad...or local repair shop :-p
  3. Boe

Boe New Member

lol butt necked In my front pocket at night while I am in the house and I dress it up in croc and hang it on my hip while I am out and about :2cool:

www.senacases.com
    [​IMG]
  4. Too Small

Too Small New Member

I use a POS plastic holster. It's all cracked up and super glued. I'm waiting to find something else that I like before pissing away another $13.00.
  5. piranah

piranah New Member

Yea, it fits, its like having a regular phone in your pocket, thickness wise...i leave it in the case when i get calls, if im not on bluetooth. the front cover swings around to the back and my hand covers pretty much everything, i dont have a lot in there, just my ids, and my debit card, sometimes some cash...but it works really well, nothing is covered up, there is a cut out for the camera and speakers. I love it, makes the mornings that im hung over that much easier as there is less to forget...:2cool:
  6. oddllama

oddllama New Member

I effectively ruined my Q's screen by having it in my front pocket. I was always putting change and keys in with it and scratched it beyond repair as a result. I replaced the entire casing and started using a belt clip. Sucks because I loved my custom Q paint job.
  7. tecmotimes

tecmotimes New Member

I had a PEBL before my Q, and I carried Keys/Change/Whatever in my pocket with the phone, and after a year it showed almost no wear (still have it and don't have the heart to chuck it, its a great little phone). It never got scratched because the PEBL has that odd black plastic protective skin, which my Sprint Q has too, but the screen is exposed on the Q so I've had to start carrying keys etc in my right pocket an only my Q in my left.

Short answer: front left pocket. Clips go hand-in-hand with khakis pulled up to your nips and tucked in t-shirts in terms of style!!!! :tounge:
  8. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

1) Krussel Horizontic Black Leather pouch that THREADS onto my belt. I thread it on, because it is nearly undroppable, and fully protects my Q while working. Krussel does have various spring clips (Multi-dapt) that work with all their cases, both model specific units, and the generic models which I prefer. I seem to return to them eventually with every device I've owned. When the phone rings, you can snag it in nothing flat with practice, but not quite as fast as devices that have an external antenna, like the Palm 700WX. The antenna simply adds to the "quick draw" factor, but not by much.

2) Face-up style plastic clip. I use these while travelling because they can clip to my pickup visor, Goldwing tankbag, jeans pocket, inside jacket pocket, or even shirt button opening in a pinch. I can text, talk, surf, all while charging and not even removing it from the holster. Neat.

But! The only face-up style holsters I can find for the Q have a big design flaw. The communist designed spring is cheap and too strong, with too few turns for clipping on a thick sunvisor. The spring, obviously forged by Trashcanistan's 32-cent-an-hour MasterTechnicians eventually overwhelms the ABS. Ick. Thin visors only, please.

Lastly, I made a fiberglass tube thingy that holds a single AA Turbo Charger (NIMH) just below and parallel to the speakers. It holds the charger and cord securely while charging. It snaps on (or off) the plastic holster with little effort which is good. Because if you clip it, with blue led light flashing, onto your button up shirt opening in plain sight of our idiot public, you can earn CNP's at an alarming rate. (Cumulative Nerd Points)

Like I'm worried about my Nerd Score. Sheesh. I'm way beyond that. Now my wife....She made me promise not to wear it like that. She's threatening to call the Goober Patrol right now....

Stan

I can remember the Disco Era. I laughed all the way through it. Nerdish tools/phones/etc have no effect on me.

None Whatsoever.
  9. oddllama

oddllama New Member

You have a pic of the charger? That sounds interesting. Seeing as how I am a nerd of the highest order, I have no problem sporting a phone on my belt that looks like a fanny pack.

I'd buy this...

[​IMG]
  10. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

To Oddllama: Good idea... I'll snap some pics this weekend. I'm not sure how to post them, but if I can't figure it out, I'll PM you.

Stan