How do you remove the battery!?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by PJGratz, Jan 31, 2007.

1. PJGratz

PJGratz New Member

How do you remove the battery!?

That battery is wedged in there pretty tight. I see the "pull here" marks and no luck removing. I cant really get an angle on it. I have debated using some kind of screwdriver but I am afraid I may crack the case.

Am I missing something?
  2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

If you're looking at the Q from the back, and the battery is at the bottom end of the phone, use your fingernail to pry the right side of the battery out. My standard battery is a pretty snug fit as well, but that's a good thing.
  3. PJGratz

PJGratz New Member

No good, I tried that and actually split the protective casing exposing the metal a little bit. This was assuming the right side was while the phone was still in its normal vertical position. [short side of battery]
  4. inf3st

inf3st New Member

I just push it out with the battery cover. Just don't try to pry it out or you'll end up breaking the cover.
  5. SuperChicken

SuperChicken New Member

After breaking my thumbnail and all the little indention pry marks on the battery I was a little upset. What the heck...no way to do a soft reset other than taking battery out and you need a thermonuclear device to even budge the thing?

Well i'm not real bright but I realized that if I ever needed to get the thing out again I'd have to find a reasonable solution. Drum roll please...dental floss.

I took a piece of waxed (Mint flavored) dental floss and tied it into a loop. I then placed the battery on top of the loop and set it back in the Q leaving an exposed loop on each side of the battery so I could get my finger in the loops to pull. Since the dental floss is so thin the battery fits back perfectly as does the cover. Of course by perfectly I mean way too damn tight.

I took a picture of the back of the Q in a mirror and have attached it so you can see (kind of) what I did. Maybe this well help someone.

I love the Q. I wish there was a way to reset without taking battery out. Why did they make the battery that difficult to take out? Who needs the battery cover. That battery wouldn't fall out if the Q was smacked by Barry Steroids Bonds like a frozen rope 612' into San Francisco Bay.

Attached Files:

6. Yester18

Yester18 New Member

I like the way the battery sits in snug, I never take mine out so no biggy.
  7. SuperChicken

SuperChicken New Member

Just wait till you have to reset it :(
  8. ppcgal

ppcgal New Member

Love the dental floss idea!

I'm new to the Q (got it last week). I have broken nails as well trying to remove the battery. I have only removed it once to reset but I bought an extra battery to use. I previously had a ppc6700 and went through two batteries a day. So- thanks for the tip!
  9. ericshmerick

ericshmerick New Member

I wish it had a pull tab like the 6700 had. I have to use a butterknife to remove mine. Not too intuitive.
  10. ppcgal

ppcgal New Member

Exactly.... I've got the dental floss out now. Mine is not mint...think that will work?? :wink:
  11. Yester18

Yester18 New Member

Okay i tried it and it's easy push to one side and pull up. not that difficult.
  12. byaah10

byaah10 New Member

It will work, but naturally, it will be more difficult than if you were using mint. :2cool: