How do you know if someone has read your sent text message?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Wammbo, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Wammbo

Wammbo New Member

How do you know if someone has read your sent text message?

Is there like a way in message options to check?
  2. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

on mine i just get a confirmation it was sent
  3. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Delivery Notification. turn it on in setting.

that should be what your lookin for.
  4. Wammbo

Wammbo New Member

No, I don't need to know if it was sent, I need to know if the person im sending it to has read it
  5. Geekster

Geekster New Member

brandon gave you the answer. You have to turn on Request Delivery Notification. Prior to that it takes court order to get into the other persons records.
  6. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

I don't think there is a way to "know" if they actually opened it or read it. You can just know if they received it.
  7. Wammbo

Wammbo New Member

Ok thanks, It sucks that the "system admin" has to send you another text to tell you it has been sent successfully. If you ask me they should just used open and closed envelope icons. When you go to your sent folder, if the icon is closed they didnt read it if it is open they did. Plain and fucking simple
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

No F bombs please.
  9. brandon.roeder

Well, no one asked you. So sorry.

Welcome.
  10. brandon.roeder

Well, no one asked you. So sorry.

Welcome
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

well it is a smartphone, but not that smart. How is your phone suppose to know if it was read. sounds like the other person didnt want to answer. that would be twice as much data being sent back and forth.
  12. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

the envelope idea would be nice, but as mentioned the other phone would have to send back to yours to update. Fine if you both have unlimited txt...if not, whamoo!