how do you export contacts from microsoft office 2007 to your phone?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by motorolaq27, Apr 29, 2010.

1. motorolaq27

motorolaq27 New Member

how do you export contacts from microsoft office 2007 to your phone?

i used to have a verizon smt5800 running wm6.1. i sync'd it to my outlook'07. all my contacts were transferred. but then something happenend and my smt5800 and it wont boot up any more therefore i had to get rid of it and i got this motorola q9m. i haven't sync'd it to my outlook yet because i'm afraid it will replace all my contacts in my outlook 2007 with the empty ones in my motorola q's contact file. am i clear so far? i upgraded my motorola's rom to 6.1. i read the steps shown on this forum. in one of them, it states that if you want to keep your contacts, to go ahead and find the pim.vol file in the phone using file explorer and to save it. well, i think i manged to make a pim.vol file out of outlook 07. but when i try to copy and paste it to replace the one in the phone, it wont let me. it says error. and if i try to delete the pim.vol from the phone, it says permission denied. any ideas?
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

You have to use Resco or Total Commander( File Explorers) to rename the one you want to delete, then copy in the one you want to use, delete the one you renamed and then soft reset.....Stock File Explorer will not do it.