How do you do the reset?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by smoran921, Sep 19, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

ok so you already installed a version
    and you dont see it under start -- settings -- remove programs?
    you can also check your \windows\startup folder and see if you have anything good related there which wouldnt allow you to delete it

after that...well...can you go to get.good.com on your PC and download the correct version transfer the file to the Q and then install?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so do you G.

[​IMG]
  3. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

Since I did the master reset, it doesn't see any programs in the "remove program" file... SO I cannot remove that way... I couldn't GET to the remove programs option before I did the master reset because Good locked up all my features, the only thing WORKing on the phone was Good... SO... Yes, what I did was download it to my PC and here ina few minutes maybe I'll try to copy the file over directly to the phone... I was hoping that would work...

I'll look in the windows startup folder..

thank you!!!
  4. n99hockey

and if that doesnt work well then you will have to wipe the phone clean and bring it back to the out of box state so that only the preloaded files are there and anything you installed would be gone
  5. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

THat is what my goal was with the Master reset. How DO you wipe the phone and start from scratch?
  6. n99hockey

it must not have worked if the files were still there afterwards
    you can always try it again
  7. sherri

sherri Active Member

On your phone, I think it needs the master CLEAR!

EDIT:

I just checked, and I think I'm right. Master reset does not reset your phone to factory settings, MASTER CLEAR does. Try that and post back!
  8. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

OK! Sorry for the delay here - I did do master clear as well (almost wiped my storage card too, by accident -whoops!) but anyway, The files are gone now. THANK GOODNESS, and I called IT about it, (I'm IN IT, but I called the handheld person... I hate good software). ANyway, I told her that in my travels trying to resolve this, I found a blackberry connect messaging option instead, so on monday we're going to try that option. She's excited because no one has had a device that supports BB Connect yet, so I'll be the guinea pig! I'll take anything over Good...

THANK YOU ALL for your help!!!
  9. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

what are you all trying to pull?
    you want everyone to believe that the z+e+power left some files in the windows directory and that it took a master clear to delete those files? i'm not falling for it.
  10. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

Not trying to pull anything. The good files were gone...

someone needs to relax a bit maybe?