How do you do the reset?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by smoran921, Sep 19, 2008.

1. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

How do you do the reset?

E, Z and red power button? HOw do I do this again? I installed Good and GOOD works great, but NONE of the other phone features work. I need it to work again... I found out I have the wrong version of Good on my phone but cannot get into settings to uninstall it so I need to reset back to manufacturer defaults...
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

turn on while holding the center key on the D-pad...
  3. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

D pad? ok, New to the Q ! I held the center key on the disk thing... and then turned it on, held the center button the whole time, but it came on as normal and didn't do anything different. Good is still my home screen...

I thought my husband said hold down z, and e, and something else...

Any ideas?
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you try just e and z while powering on ?
  5. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

that appears to be working... do you have any idea how to delete files once I get back into it? The .cab files and the good installation files are still there... I tried deleting them and it says permission denied... Don't know why!
  6. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Maybe unlock your files on the phone? Go into File Manager, right click Menu then Options and un-check the hidden files & system files boxes. Maybe do a fast re-boot and try to delete them again either through AS or File Manager.
    Plz let us know if this helped you or not.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if they are ROM files you cant delete them
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

Make sure they aren't running first! Start/system tools/task manager/kill all.

Then try to delete it...
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

plus if you are doing a Master Reset and the files were on the device, they'll be gone just like all the other stuff you put on the Q.
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

She said "it was working", so I thought she did master reset, and the files were still there. Maybe she should do the 2 process master reset? (EZ/on and then from system tools...)
  11. Geekster

Geekster New Member

DAMN!!! I love this place!!! All of you rock!!!
    Hey OP! Did you get all that?
    These guys are "on point" this morning-eh?
    :smile:
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh... could be yes, there were 2 threads more or less about this so i was not sure.. like someone said, if they are there after the MR most likely they are files in rom.. so she (??) can just ignore them, they won't hurt.
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

I assume "she" because "she" said her "husband" told her to do the EZ master reset. Unless "she" lives in CA or MA or is out of the country, having a "husband" makes "her" a "she"!

Yes?
  14. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

OK - even after the master reset, I cannot delete -and the good files are still there. It is for Good software. It's a good.dll and good.cab, and several others... SO I'm going to try the suggestions on unlocking so that i can delete files. it says "error: Failed, Permission Denied" currently... so let me try these suggestions.

ALso, I was hoping the master reset WOULD remove files that I had downloaded, but I guess not!
  15. n99hockey

let me try this again perhaps my post got lost in the mix

if the files are on your phone AFTER a master reset that means they are IN ROM and cant be deleted
  16. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

OK and LOL yes, I'm a she! :) Do not live in CA or MA, I'm a she! :) I'm having a hard time. Trying to get Good to work on here, and according to the Good website, I need version 5.05 but when I go to get.good.com from my phone it only downloads version 5.03... I don't know why, but anyway, v 5.03 crashed my phone. I'm trying to delete every trace of it, and thought a master reset would do that for me... sort of a "restore back to default" but it didn't remove the files.. so I'm going to try to do that manually..
  17. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

OK - Question. What makes you think they're in rom? They're under the windows folder and I INSTALLED THem there, so why can't they be removed??
  18. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

OH and by the way, Sherri - I did the EZ/on AND the one in sysetm tools - the master RESET, not Master CLEAR...
  19. n99hockey

they can be in the windows directory...there nothing wrong with that or that doesnt mean it cant be preinstalled
    didnt you already do the master reset and they are still there?

also i believe the Q9h comes with a version of good installed...doesnt it?
  20. smoran921

smoran921 New Member

Actually my husband thoguht that too, but it turns out when you go to the Good messaging section, all it does is direct you to the same website - get.good.com and you have to download it.. and it sees that installed version already on there (the one I installed) and I think that's the whole darned issue. It won't install properly because it cannot remove the old version...