How do I pair a Bluetooth headset with the Motorola Q smartphone?

Discussion in 'Moto Q FAQ' started by chris, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

How do I pair a Bluetooth headset with the Motorola Q smartphone?

Follow these steps to pair a Bluetooth headset with the Motorola Q.

Press the Left Soft Menu button on your Motorola Q and use the 5-way navigator to navigate and select the Bluetooth Manager as seen below.

This brings you to Bluetooth Manager. From here you'll use the center button on the 5-way navigator to select option A, Hands-free.

MotoQBluetoothManager

This brings you to Bluetooth Manager. From here you'll use the center button on the 5-way navigator to select option A, Hands-free. This will bring you to the Bluetooth Hands-free screen. Use the left soft menu button to 'Add' a configure a new Hands-free device for your Q.

QBluetoothHandsFreescreen

The next screen will ask you to prepare your Bluetooth headset for pairing. It is very important that the headset is:

* Has good batteries and charged
    * Is powered on
    * Is in discoverable mode. Check with the manufacturer, as each have a different process for entering a Bluetooth headset into pairing mode

MotoQPairingModepic

The Motorola Q will not attempt to communicate with your Bluetooth headset.

Searchingimage

In this tutorial, I've paired the Motorola Q with a Jabra JX10. As you can see here, the Q has found the JX10.

Headsetfoundscreen

Press the left soft menu button and the Q will check services.

CheckingservicesonQ

The next message you should see is a connection message.

Hands-freeconnecting

You will be prompted to enter a 'Passkey' to pair your Bluetooth headset with the Motorola Q. Type 0000 and press the Left Soft Menu button to Accept.

EnterpasskeyonQ

This final screen will show display when you have successfully paired your headset with the Moto Q.

EnterpasskeyonQ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.