How do I hear my phone ring through my headphones?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by edweed111, Apr 30, 2007.

1. edweed111

edweed111 New Member

How do I hear my phone ring through my headphones?

I have a set of Motorola 2.5 headphones and they play music very well but the ring tone will not go through them when the phone rings. Am I doing something wrong? My Bluetooth headset works just fine. I get the ring in my ear, plays music, but it just doesn't work well for my working enviroment & thats why I need a corded set with earbuds. Can anybody offer any advise?
  2. qnoob

qnoob New Member

you learn something new everyday. i never knew you could hear rings with the BT headset, but NOT with a regular corded headset.

anyone know of a setting that'll turn on rings in a corded headset?
  3. mikemcq

mikemcq New Member

are they music/handsfree headphones, does it have a built in mic for you to be able too talk to people. or are they stricly music head phones? I have a set that are for music that can be used as a wired headset, and i get ringing through them, if they are soley music headphones, you will not get ringing through them.
  4. edweed111

edweed111 New Member

They are the type with the built in mic to take & recieve calls.
  5. abrigham

abrigham New Member

One thing to watch for - does your Q switch to the Headset profile when you plug in the headphones?
  6. edweed111

edweed111 New Member

Yes it does that automatically.
  7. sjcruiser36

sjcruiser36 New Member

I have the headphones that Motorola was giving away to Sprint customers that forgot to make it inside the box. When a call comes through and I'm listening to music the music will stop playing and the phone will ring, even the custom ringtones that I have setup. I can ignore the call or answer it by pushing the button on the mic/headset. When the caller hangs up, I don't have to do anything, the music will commence in about 6 seconds.
  8. sjcruiser36

sjcruiser36 New Member

Mine also switches to headphones automatically when the headset is inserted into the jack.
  9. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Yes, it switches to Headset profile immediately as soon as you plug the phones in.