How do I get PhoneAlarm, Fizz Weather & Facade to all show on my homescreen?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by MidwestDrummer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. MidwestDrummer

MidwestDrummer New Member

How do I get PhoneAlarm, Fizz Weather & Facade to all show on my homescreen?

Hi there. I'm trying to get the following three plugins to display on my homescreen:

- PhoneAlarm SP
    - Fizz Weather
    - Facade

I can get each to display individually when I switch the homescreen layout to layouts with each plugin in the layout name, but how do I get all 3 to show at the same time? I'd really like something very similar to this as my homescreen:

[​IMG]

Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Zach
  2. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Install the Orange DLL (which allows for multiple plugins on one line). It can be found here:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-...ge-dll-installer-cab-made-fast-easy-3649.html

Then (presuming you have the appropriate apps loaded on your Q, add the today theme which has the plugins you want enbedded.

The theme for which you are looking can be found here (but make sure to check out the thread itself - there are a lot of great themes):
    http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2184&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1485
  3. MidwestDrummer

Forgive me for sounding, well...dumb, but what do I do after I install the Orange DLL? I got it installed, but I can't seem to find the themes that you're referring to. I mean, I see all the different home screens that people are posting, but I don't know what I need to download after the Orange DLL. Also, after I down a today theme, how do I select it and use it on my Q?

Thanks for bearing with my ignorance :)
    Zach

P.S. - I now know that this is what I want my home screen to look like:

[​IMG]

EDIT: It's actually asmith's home screen, but it's got everything that I've wanted to have displayed on my home screen.

asmith says, "It's Gadget's HQ3 with jhalsey's BlackBasicAltLB phoneAlarm bar and profile row removed (redundant with pA) with that extra space used towards another line for tasks"

Now, I'm really not quite sure what all that means. What are "Gadget's HQ3" and your "BlackBasicAltLB phoneAlarm bar"? And what do i do with them once I find them? Like I said, I already downloaded and installed the Orange DLL CAB file. After that's installed, and I find and install the other 2 things, what exactly do I need to set the appearance settings on my Q to?

Again, thanks for bearing with my lack of Q customization knowledge! :)

Zach
  4. MidwestDrummer

Bumpin' it on up.
  5. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Make sure "Gadget's HQ3" today theme (XML) is installed in \Application Data\Home. Now choose it as your layout in Facade. Alternatively, you can choose it under Settings/HomeScreen/Homescreen layout.

John
  6. davis5050

davis5050 New Member

Even Dumber

I am even dumber when it comes to this Q. I want to do all that too. I can't even get to the Orange DLL. I am more of the step by step kinda gal (blonde). So can you help me?
  7. inf3st

inf3st New Member

This is actually very simple.

Install the programs that are need via activesync. Orange.dll, PhoneAlarm, Fizzweather, And Facade.

Then install the HQ3 Homescreen.

Then go to settings> Homescreen > and Pick that homescreen.
  8. davis5050

davis5050 New Member

Can't

I don't really need all those things on my home screen but I do have other apps that I would like there. Where can I get the orange.dll? Maybe you can help me with two other things as well. How do I light up my screen and be on the home screen? How do I turn off the power on music?
  9. MidwestDrummer

I am having the hardest time locating a link to downlad Gadget's HQ3 homescreen. Could someone please provide me with a link?

Thanks!
    Zach
  10. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

11. MidwestDrummer

Hmm, I've followed all of the instructions that jhalsey and inf3st
    have given, but I seem to be having a problem. I've installed PhoneAlarmSP, Facade, Fizz Weather and the Orange.DLL file. After installing all of those, I installed Gadget's HQ3 homscreen. I then went to Settings > Homescren and selected Grey HQ3. I then exited out back to the homescreen, but it looked a bit dysfunctional.

- The background is a solid blue
    - PhoneAlarmSP is still blue as well (not black and stretched out like it should be)
    - I have to arrow down to get to the taskbar (i.e. not all of the homescreen fits on one screen)

Any idea what could my issue could be?

Thanks!
    Zach

EDIT: I'd post a screen shot, but I only know how to do that for PPC's.
  12. Wally Cox

Wally Cox New Member

I'm having the same results. Please HELP!
    Thanks in advance Bob
  13. MidwestDrummer

Anyone have any ideas?
  14. MidwestDrummer

Bumpin' on up.

Anyone know why I might be experiencing the problems listed in post #11?

Thanks!
    Zach
  15. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Try going into the phoneAlarm Settings program and make sure you have the proper skin selected. If it's blue, it's probably the default skin file you got whe you installed pA.

Also, in Home Screen, Settings, make sure the background and color scheme are set to Default. Hope this helps.
  16. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I wonder if you properly installed the Orange DLL (I had a little trouble with this originally). I am not 100% sure this will help, but this is what I did with the Orange DLL:

Copy the files located here (after you installed the Orange DLL via the JRulez cab):

\Storage\Application Data\Home

are copied to

\Application Data\Home

Files include:

4orangeh.dll
    HomePage.xml
    Homescreen.dll
    HomeScreen_MenuF.bmh
    HomeScreen_MenuS.bmh
    orange.scheme.xml
    OrangeHomescreen.home.xml
  17. Skipper

Skipper New Member

Im not sure if its just me, but I went through the HUGGGEEE hassle of buying all the programs required for that screen, and with everything installed and running (Fizz, PA, and Facade) on the home screen, it slowed the phone WAYYYYY down. I would press the down key to get to facade or phonealarm, and it would LITERALLY take 2 minutes for it to go down to the next thing on the home page.

Im surprised that nobody else has mentioned this problem, it makes me think that I was the only one having the problem. Ohhhh well. :embarassed:
  18. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I sometimes experience system slow down when changing home screens (themes), but that always is fixed with a soft reset. Otherwise, the phone system performance (and responsiveness) is great. I have a number of apps installed ...

I have the following installed on my device:
    >>phoneAlarm, Facade, QTasks, QCaps, PdaNet,

I have the following installed on my storage card:
    >>AgendaOne, Fizz Weather, Resco Explorer, Resco Registry Editor, Resco Picture Viewer, FlexWallet, VoiceMinder, HiCalc, Windows Live Search, SKTools Lite, Smartphone Notes

I have also tweaked my system registry with the following popular hack:
    >>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    Changed limit from 16384 to 65535 (or 32768)

>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS
    Changed - CacheSize to 4096
  19. MidwestDrummer

You're right, it is the default PS skin. Which do I need to be compatible with Gadget's HQ3?
  20. MidwestDrummer

I'm not quite sure where the path \Storage\Application Data\Home is, or how it's different than Application Data\Home, but I checked Application Data\Home and all of those files appear to be in that folder.

I am so perplexed as to why I can't get this to work. :(