How do I enable call recording?

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Gansam, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Gansam

Gansam New Member

How do I enable call recording?

How can I enable the Q9h to be able to record phone calls? When I use apps for this (like Resco's Audio Recorder), I end up with silence.

I've seen registry hacks mentioned elsewhere for WM, but people seem to like posting CAB files, rather than the actual registry changes.

Does anyone know how to enable this functionality?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there is no hack for this
  3. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

funny the function that can and cant be done on phones....The Q9 cant record calls. But a little dumbphone like a Rumor can...
  4. Gansam

Gansam New Member

I find that odd. Okay, well if there's no registry hack for this, are there any apps that can successfully pull this off on this phone?
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

nope... It's a device limitation. You have to get old skool.. speakerphone + exteral recording device.
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

7. Gansam

Gansam New Member

The limitation is going to be set by the O/S. And that means it's hackable. Maybe a registry hack won't cut it, so maybe a DLL needs to be replaced, but I guarantee you it's possible.

The only question is whether anyone has figured it out and/or put the time and effort into doing it - either commercially, or personally.

I would think there would be enough desire for this to motivate someone to address this - for commercial software, if nothing else.
  8. Gansam

Gansam New Member

It's not illegal if you're using it on your own phone. But the problem with that is that it's service based - which I don't want, for security reasons if nothing else.

I'm just looking for a local app that can handle recording voice calls.
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

didnt know that i just remember some company got in trouble for their software pn my q1
  10. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

You would think this is possible. Ran app "Voice Notes" while on a call with speaker on but it recorded nothing. Mic switched to phone mode apparently when the call went active. Would be nice to figure this one out...:2cool:
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

moto Q phones will never be able to record calls! well known hardware problem that even a reg edit cant fix.
  12. txter

txter New Member

in New York State its not aganst the law to record phone calls. you dont even need the other persons consent...which is usually the case.
  13. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I tell ya what. I looked for two hours one day trying to find a application that would record calls on the q9c. I found nothing. It was said in a thread that q's are essentially a cell phone slapped onto a pda. There are almost "separate" things.
  14. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

exactly..... =)
  15. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

Found this : http://www.recordcellphones.com/

Reviews I read were good and stated that the service works with both smart and dumb phones. Costs - but if you have to have it, maybe this will work for you.

Further reading revealed no monthly fee in that, you buy minutes that don't expire. I like the "voicemail"-style access also. I may try this out...:2cool:
  16. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

17. roscoe22

roscoe22 New Member

Thx blackmeto, I'm going to try a few of these and see what works best - when I get some time!:2cool:
  18. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

Good luck. This issue like I said earlier is specific only to the q series of phones..... :angry: But if you do find one that actually can record BOTH ends of the conversation (most notably the other persons voice, not mine), pm me, cuz I gave up looking like a year ago
  19. Alrela green

Alrela green New Member