How do I disable a security alert?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by jonnywanabe, Feb 2, 2010.

1. jonnywanabe

jonnywanabe New Member

How do I disable a security alert?

Hi,
    I recently had to do a master reset on my phone because it froze on the welcome screen. Now when I go to some websites, I get a warning that "This page contains secure and non-secure items. Do you want to continue?"
    This never happened before the reset and it's really annoying. There is no check box to not show the warning again and I don't see anywhere in the settings for something like this. How do I disable this warning screen? I have WM 6.1 on a Q9c from Verizon if that makes any difference.
    Anyone else run into this?
    Thanks,
    Jon
  2. jonnywanabe

jonnywanabe New Member

Nevermind. The phone turned itself into a paperweight this past Saturday so this is moot. It will not turn on. Doesn't even acknowledge when it is plugged into the AC charger. Just absolutely dead. Gotta go get something that works...
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

did you try a new battery?
  4. jonnywanabe

jonnywanabe New Member

Yes. I tried both of my batteries, still dead. I took it to the Verizon store where they tested it with a battery they had and with their AC adapter, still dead. They called the time of death and advised me to look at a new phone.
    Oh well. The Q9c had a few good points, but I was mostly frustrated with the constant white-screen freezing, dust under the screen, quirky operating system and sometimes ponderous menus. Maybe some or much of that was my inability to work with or understand it, but whatever the case, we didn't get along.
    I won't miss it much.
  5. n99hockey

well ok then :dft011:tounge_out

what are you planning on getting?
  6. jonnywanabe

jonnywanabe New Member

Sorry, didn't mean to come off so bitter.
    I picked up a BlackBerry 8530 Curve (am I allowed to say that here? :) ), but just found out that I am going to have to return it because my work does not support it with our Exchange Server. I will have to get another WM phone or an Android OS phone.
    Too bad becaue the BB is really a nice little piece.
    Any suggestions? I am on Verizon.
    Cheers.
  7. n99hockey

if i were you i would move towards android, get an eris or droid
    my wife has an eris and its a really neat little phone

WM on verizon is bleh, there isnt anything new coming for a while
    thats what i would do, my NE2 is up today, i am planning on waiting a bit personally
  8. jonnywanabe

jonnywanabe New Member

Yeah, I think you are right. A coworker just got a Droid and she really likes it. The Eris seems neat, too.
    I was going to wait until my NE2 came due in September, but my phone made the decision for me.
    Thanks!
  9. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I got my Eris from Amazon for $10. Wirefly.com had them for free. I couldn't really use it until I installed Swype.