How do I create a link file to a folder?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by ther415, Jun 13, 2009.

1. ther415

ther415 New Member

How do I create a link file to a folder?

My first post! (I think)

I got my Q9c two weeks ago and I've been messing around with it constantly. It's my first smartphone and I'm totally new to Windows Mobile. So I'm trying to make a homescreen and use "startmru" as one of the plugins. However, I edited my Start Menu to have stuff in a bunch of folders. I created a link file as a test, trying to link to the "System Tools" folder. I wrote it on Notepad on my PC, saved it as a .lnk file, transferred it to my phone, and managed to get it on my "Sprint Default" homescreen (it has "smartmru" as one of the plugins). However, when I clicked on it, it gave me some error about not being able to open the "System Tools" folder. I figured that the problem was that startmru tries to open a file, and a folder is not a file, so I created a new .lnk file that instead linked to Resco with the System Tools folder as an argument. This worked, but I'm wondering is there a way to open the program that the start menu uses? Any help would be wonderful.
  2. ther415

ther415 New Member

Hmm. An update: so I still haven't figured out how to get the Start Menu view program, but I've settled for another solution, which works just as well. After messing around with a bunch of homescreens, I fell in love with the sliding panels one, so I used CHome Configurator to make a nice one and added a panel for programs, in which I have links to folders using the right softkey. To link to a folder, I just use the fexplore program, which is located in the Windows folder in WM 6.1 (\Windows\fexplore.exe). If there's anyone else also wanting to link to folders, simply use the fexplore.exe and give it \Windows\Start Menu\<your folder> as an argument.
  3. waltzb

waltzb Member

Similarly, you could use your file manager program with the xml in a skin file. Something like this: