How can I intentionally brick my q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by hbus1300, Mar 23, 2010.

1. hbus1300

hbus1300 New Member

How can I intentionally brick my q9c?

I'm tired of hearing from $print how I need to do monthly hard resets to ward off the multitude of problems that I have with my phone. Every time I go to the service center they hand me my phone back and tell me that they weren't able to duplicate the problem and they did a hard reset with is their answer for everything.

I want to brick my phone so at least they will have to give me a different phone, even the same type, I don't care. Water damage has a deductible, so I need it to be an electronic issue. I was thinking of hooking up the usb and increasing the voltage until something happens. Is there any easy way to brick this phone? Thanks in advance.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

most ways that can't be fixed would void the warranty, and most others can be fixed relatively easily
  3. hbus1300

hbus1300 New Member

Not manufactures, but TEP

I have the total equipment protection so provided the problem is "mechanical or electrical problems, routine maintenance or failure from normal use." there shouldn't be a problem. So my question is if there is a way to alter the software, firmware or something else so that it will not be repairable with a hard reset.
  4. txter

txter New Member

you could try to flash a new firmware and interupt it. or drop it against a wall.
    we're really not in the business of destroying phones here. sorry.
  5. hbus1300

hbus1300 New Member

I realize the forum is more for people with bricks that want to go the other way, I just thought that with all these people with problems that there would be a surefire way to cause my own. Thanks for the firmware approach, I think I will try that first.
  6. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

You could accidentally get it lost or stolen.
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

plus, if you're trying to brick your phone on purpose to use TEP that's basically insurance fraud...
  8. txter

txter New Member

i know things may be tight but just cough up the $50 for the replacement