How are people getting 2 day battery life?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Sosly, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Sosly

Sosly New Member

How are people getting 2 day battery life?

I keep seeing that some people are getting 2+ days of battery life. HOW? I know people are having probs too. I'm concerned about the ones that are getting 2+ days. I've turned off the alarm. What else to I need to do.

I have:
    Facade
    flashlight
    opera mini
    total commander
    pusheffect
    Livesearch
    candlelight
    call filter by teoG

Are any of these known to cause battery problems?
  2. ca_dreamer

ca_dreamer New Member

I've been getting 2 days+ ever since I updated Papyrus. Check out their website (http://www.sbsh.net). They acknowledged a bug that drained batteries on some Qs. They make Facade as well.
    There's a good technical description of how that works on Qusers.com (search for it).
    From your list I run Facade and Candlelight (but I haven't used it in some time).
  3. Sosly

Sosly New Member

So did the update fix....

something in papyrus or a bug that was on the phone?

4. ca_dreamer

ca_dreamer New Member

This is what the software developer said:
    " Fixed bug in calculating next appointment time that caused battery drain in some instances"
    In Papyrus.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

funny as he is not even running Papyrus :}
  6. KCfour20

KCfour20 New Member

i wish i could get 2+ days! i'm lucky if i get 7 hours straight.
    but i use the crap out of it too :(
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well.... if you use it extendedly it is to be expected you drain it.
  8. micholkim

micholkim New Member

I use the phone all day running all sorts of programs and by the time it's midnight I have 2-3 bars left. I charge it every 2-3 days depending on usage but I cheat. I Use the Seidio 3200mah battery and you don't have to worry about what programs drain battery and so forth. If I use the motorola extended battery it will die off in 5-6 hours just in standby! Motorola extended battery is really a joke cuz it only adds 10% more power which isn't really noticeable when I'm running 80+ programs on my q. Other then the Seidio 3200 I have no idea how people can go more than 1 day without recharging.
  9. daniel

daniel New Member

i use the Seidio 2100, and i can go 1 full day on frequent use, and about a day and a half on normal use.
  10. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

I really don't see how this can be factual... can't get 5-6 hours standy? You have to be exaggerating! :laugh2:

Motorola's extended battery has a mah of 1640. I use an extended battery that I purchased off ebay with a mah of 1600. I EASILY get 2-3 days off one charge, with heavy surfing, facade, extreme agenda, and pocketnes, and picodrive, and msnbc, and live search, and a whole lot more!:2cool:.
  11. kneedragger77

kneedragger77 New Member

no way... just in standby my 1640 is dead by 7pm or so, with use that drops by a few hours...
  12. micholkim

micholkim New Member

WOW. can we trade phones? I'm still using the first generation silver Q. I also listen to Songs 3 hours a days during my commute. Try using pocket express home plug in updating every 4 hours, stock ticker home plugin updating 4 hours Fizz weather home plugin updating every hour, push email for work and personal email, Stereo Bluetooth headsets for listening to MP3 and talking, Viigo news, Splashnews, Newsmix, newscopier RSS (I love updated news I''m in media business) all running while I'm at work I wish I was exagerating but unfortunately I had to upgrade from my 1600 extended battery to 3200 Seidio to get 2-3 days usage. My 1600 wouldn't even stand a chance by the time I go home. I truly wish I was exagerating but I guess some phones are made better than others.
  13. kneedragger77

kneedragger77 New Member

where is a good place to but the 3200 series battery, and what are the costs?
  14. Stealth

Stealth New Member

I usually get 3+ days but I shut off at night and always kill programs after use.
  15. ttboy44

ttboy44 New Member

Original battery from sprint Q. had it since April. I am light on the programs but use outlook and email non stop. surf about an hour a day and send and receive about 100 to 150 emails a day through activesync(push) talk about 60 - 120 min and no text. this is when i travel. last from about 6am until 10pm but she is screaming for a charge at 10. so about 16 hours on a real heavy day. otherwise i receive about 50-75 (they hit my phone before puter) emails a day and talk about 30 min. surf 30 min. and has about 2 bars left. I guess could last day and a half to two days.
  16. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

Wow... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones...:2cool:

Maybe its because I have mol3?
  17. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Are you in a strong signal area? I only get 6 to 8 hours max due to signal searching....tried every other suggestion I've read in 10 month with my Q.
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

i charge my silver Q several times a day. Seems most of you are better off than i am. i am still using the original battery...considering buying a more powerful one.

i have to charge mine every couple of hours.
  19. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Moi aussi mon Cheri......Francios
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

Ce n'es pas bon
    Un des deuxiémes prénoms de mon fils est François aussi bien.

Merci de la résponse Francois