"hot key" for easy access to 3rd party software?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by thegbees, Jun 25, 2006.

1. thegbees

thegbees New Member

"hot key" for easy access to 3rd party software?

Hi. Thanks for a great site with plenty of info. I just got my Q yesterday as a replacement for my old phone and palm pilot.

I just purchased some third-party software that I need access to on a daily basis. Does anyone know if there is a way to set up a hot key or quick link to that software (as compared to start etc)???

Also, does anyone know of any software that provides a date calculator (figures the days between two different dates that I input)?

Any help would be appreciated, especially on the quick link issue

Scott
  2. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

Please see my new theme that I have posted in the "Themes and Wallpapers" section. In this theme, I do exactly what you are asking about. It is in the layout file "Q.home.xml" that is part of the download. Verizon kindly provided us with a little plug-in that lets you put links on your home screen. In my screen I add Tasks, Calendar, FileManager, Bluetooth Manager, Task Manager, Settings links / buttons to the home screen. All you would really need to do is modify my file. Please let me know if you need any help.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-home-screens-wallpapers/144-theme-i-put-together-2.html

Grego
  3. clangschultz

clangschultz New Member

what you might want to try is to add the program to a speed dial. do this by going to start, select the app you want to shortcut to, and hit the right soft key that says menu and goto add speed dial. than you can add it to a number that u can hold down from the home menu and there u go. i did this with agile messenger
  4. veroson

veroson New Member

yeah i add all mys tuff to spd dial too. Kill apps, and Agile especially
  5. QooLApps

QooLApps New Member

FYI, QooLApps.com (my company) is making a program, QCuts, that will allow you to assign all kinds of hotkey combinations to multiple tasks. You can see a screenshot of it in the QCaps flash demo at www.QooLApps.com. Also, our task manager QTask allows users to easily kill and switch to other apps using hotkeys.
  6. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Cool software - how much for a QCuts/QCaps bundle?
  7. QooLApps

QooLApps New Member

We haven't decided on pricing yet. That's something we need to ask our beta testers. I would imagine that each app will be from $10-20 with very nice discounts for buying bundles.
  8. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

not to threadjack, but...

Paradiddle, when is QCaps going to be read for download?

-Simpson
  9. QooLApps

QooLApps New Member

QCaps will be available in the next 1-2 weeks.
  10. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

Thanks! I can't speak for everyone, but for me this is a much anticipated app.

-Simpson
  11. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

same here! =)
  12. thepack1995q

thepack1995q New Member

3rd party apps and speed dial

The 3rd party application Extreme Agenda (excellent program) does not offer that choice on the menu. Is there any other way to do it.
  13. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

I use a combination: AE Buttons Plus to map stuff onto keys, and 'Right Menu' for the launching. See screen below, I've mapped 'Right Menu' to my email key, so I can launch it anywhere, such as while in Internet Explorer:

[​IMG]
  14. camerajohn

camerajohn New Member

Please update your link. Also, I got my Q from Verizon but I am unaware of the plugin you mention. What's it called? Is it already installed on my Q? If not, how do I get it?