Homescreen Request

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by jcarmona, Jul 3, 2008.

1. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

[​IMG]

:whistling
  2. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Give me a sec, I pm'd 1 of our mods to try to host this cab file. There are limitations to uploading that type of file here that prohibits me from doing so. I will let u know.

@Kayla, Both of our links in your thread won't allow us to download that cab file. I Pm'd RB to possibly host the file, then we can direct people to dwnld from his apps page, hopefully.
  3. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Oh mylanta! haha.. that's awesome.
  4. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Doc, thanks for helping me, well us, out.

jcarmona, I am sorry about posting the wrong download link and messing you up. But SmartToolKit makes the bottom bar nice, if you keep it! LOL.
  5. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

lol it's no problem at all. It just threw me for a lil bit. It looked cool, I'd just have to get used to what everything means/does on there, lol.
  6. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

I'm going to run to Starbucks and the store. I shouldn't be long. The link is up in my collection thread. I think Doc is helping you out..If not like I said I will be back soon!! =)
  7. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

No problem Kayla!! Anything for u.

Check the bottom of any of Rudeboy's threads. He has it in his signature area that says something like My Q Apps. I emailed it to him, and I'm sure he'll post it up soon. :smile:
  8. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

OH, one thing.. would you be able to put a voicemail count on there too? If it's too late it's cool, don't worry about it, just curious.
  9. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

It's awesome. I really do appreciate it!! :)
  10. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

I loaded on there, and it's like off balance sorta. Like the box where the clock is supposed to be is right in the middle, but the actual clock is like an inch above the box.. the same with everything else.

Maybe I should have waited to get that smart moniter thing...

Also, the folder that has the smart moniter png files or whatever, what do I do with that? Do I move that to the "home" folder as well?

And for some reason, the shortcuts that ended up on my phone were recent calls, my doc and task manager. I know recent calls weren't on the display that you posted but somehow it ended up on my phone?

lol, I'm sorry if I'm being difficult..
  11. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Go here & download plugin_smartmonitor 0.9.5.1.cab file. It is about 3/4 the way down Rudeboy's app page. Then just drag that cab file onto your Q, and click on it on your Q. Your HS should then work right.:smile: As far as the 3 apps go, just go into facade settings-->Menu soft key launcher, then choose the 3 apps you want on your HS.
  12. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Ok awesome! I really appreciate it...

When I downloaded it, its a folder with a bunch of icons in it.. do I put the whole folder over into "my docs"? or do I put icon by icon in there? It seems like one of the icons is a "setup" icon and the rest are uh.. well I don't know what they are lol. But I'm assuming I put the whole folder in there? It didn't download like a cab file that I'm used to seeing.. like a filing cabinet-looking icon, it downloaded as a folder...

I should add.. when I first downloaded it, it looked like a stack of books? Because I guess winrar picked it up as the default app to open it with.. and so I just extracted it using winrar and that's how I got the folder with a bunch of icons...
  13. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

When u download to your computer, it gives u the option to open or save the file. Choose save the file to your computer. DO NOT OPEN OR UNZIP file! Just drag that .cab file onto your Q. It doesn't matter where u put it on your Q. (put it into my documents if u want.) Then on your Q, click on that cab file, and it will all be done for you. Then just reload your HS by choosing another HS, load, then reload Kayla's screen. Voila:smile: It sounds like you chose to open the cab file, which u DON'T want to do. You shouldn't have to drag any icon folders over, just the 1 cab file.
  14. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

I got it!! I got it to work!

Haha.. I know this is probably retarded of me, but I feel a sense of accomplishment figuring out all those installs and everything.. you guys are awesome!! And thanks Kayla for the homescreen! :)
  15. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Glad to see u got it working! I'm sure Kayla will add Voicemail to your HS. It would only take about 10 min to do.:smile:
  16. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

I've only had this Moto Q for a day and I already love it so much more than my Treo 680... I had my Treo for a long time cuz I could never part with it, I couldn't seem to find a phone I liked better. But now, it's definitely been demoted, lol.

Thank you too Doc for your help, I appreciate the links and walk-thrus.. :)