Homescreen Request

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by jcarmona, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Homescreen Request

Hey there.. I'm really new at this, so I don't really know how to go about it, other than seeing other forums. Could someone make me a home screen using the following pic of the Dallas skyline? Please? (I think I attached it right?) Also, the pic can be cropped about an inch on each side.. right past (or before) the buildings.

I guess the plugins I would want would be just three - my documents, calculater, and task manager... also the upcoming events thing. I really appreciate it, thanks. Also, the color, I'd like a dark royalish blue with white letters.. if possible.

Attached Files:

2. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

jcarmona, Welcome!

When asked to list plug-ins, it means what you would like to be shown on your home screen. You got it right when you said the upcoming events, but when you listed "my documents, calculater, and task manager", those cannot be shown on the home screen unless you mean in the MRU (Most Recently Used), which would place shortcuts to these applications. So the plug-ins we would like you to list would include the basics; time, date, profile, schedule, carrier, message counts, etc, or any add on plug-ins such as; Facade, Smart Monitor, Fizz Weather, etc.

I will be interested in creating this home screen if nobody else wants to take it on.

Is this cropping/editing okay?

[​IMG]

Kayla
  3. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Ah, my bad, lol. Maybe a lil more of the water? But on the sides it's great! And for plug-ins ok.. the upcoming appointments (schedule?), time, date, carrier (at&t), message counts, profile.. and I would assume that the antenna and battery meter is standard? lol. Also, I guess those three things I mentioned are called the shortcuts? How can I customize those? I had loaded some home screen layouts from the other thread, and some of them have like 5 or more shortcuts that I can't seem to delete off the homescreen... I had only wanted those three that I had mentioned.

By the way, I just got my Moto today, I've had a Treo up till today, so I'm still getting used to the transition, lol. Thank you in advance! :)
  4. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Oh and PS - I notice you're a Dodger fan... I'm actually watching the Astros/Dodger game right now.. I'm in south Texas - big Astros fan :)

Ya'll are giving us a good series, well worth watching.
  5. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

How about this?
    [​IMG]

----------------------

To personalize your shortcuts, go into Start>Personalize My Q>Home Screen Shortcut> Define Shortcuts.

----------------------

Yes, signal and battery are included in most home screens, but it's your choice on how you want it to look. Have you heard of Smart Monitor? This always the battery and signal to be displayed on a meter instead of just the text/little graphic. It's a free plug-in, which always more room on the home screen. For an example:

[​IMG]

In my opinion, and many other home screen designers, Smart Monitor is the way to go.

----------------------

Astros fan? Nevermind! I can't create this home screen for you! Just kidding, but yes, very good series. It's sad that the whole NL West is now under .500. LOL!

----------------------

I need to go to bed soon to be up for work at 6:45, so I will not be able to do this tonight, but tomorrow I will throw something together.

Kayla
  6. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Haha! Dangit! Did I say Astros fan? Errr, I mean... Jeff Kent is amazing!! lol.

Anyways, wow yea that smart meter thing looks awesome, I'll take that! lol, and yes the cropping is awesome. Hmm, and yea I went to the customize Q and define shortcuts but when I only selected the three shortcuts I wanted, the others didn't go away from my homescreen... it's like their embedded in the homescreen code or something.. if that's even possible lol.

But yes, I totally understand! Thanks so much though, you're amazing! :)
  7. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Yes, it is in the XML, I will make sure when I do the home screen that I only leave 3. If you get a chance you need to go get the Smart Monitor plug-in (free, and the direct link is in my home screen collection thread).

(sent from Q)
  8. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Nevermind my retardedness on those shortcuts... I just figured out how they worked. I didn't know what you meant by the MRU until I opened a different program and that shortcut ended up on my homescreen.. then I realized that it wasn't set up for shortcuts, it was the MRU programs. Even though you told me that, I just got it.

Gee, I feel like an idiot.

lol, that's an Astros fan for ya, huh?
  9. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

That would be awesome about the shortcuts! lol.

And thanks, I'll go look for that smart meter link :)
  10. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

Ummm I just installed the smart meter thing and it also changed my softkeys... I didn't want those to change. Was it supposed to do that? The menus are different now. lol.. maybe I did something wrong? I thought it would be for the meters only :( ... I feel so illiterate

Was I supposed to put it somewhere different other than "my docs"?
  11. crazykay

crazykay New Member

if you have façade you can use the façade launcher to add these programs shortcuts to your HS.. they will always stay there unlike the mru that puts the last opened program on your shortcuts.
  12. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

I think u may have done something wrong. I can only speak as far as WM5, but I think both Kayla & CrazyKay both have WM6 and do NOT have this problem. R u using Smartmonitor 0.9.5.1 cab??? 0.9.6 does have issues with locking up on Q's, but I have NOT heard of it changing menus like u stated.
  13. crazykay

crazykay New Member

yeah me neither doc.. not sure what he did wrong. try reinstallin the .cab on your storage card and then leave it alone.. im runnin Q9C WM 6.1 and have never had an issue or a lock up
  14. kaylabeers

kaylabeers New Member

Did you accidently download SmartToolKit?
  15. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

It definitely sounds like it!!!:smile:
  16. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Wow good thinkin Kayla!!
  17. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

I think I may have. It said smart tool kit. But I clicked on the link that you had in your thread that said smart moniter, that's the cab file that came up. :?

Is it somewhere else in your thread that has the battery meter thing?

lol, this morning I woke up to the alarm on my Q, not knowing what to do because I was so used to my Treo.
  18. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

I do have facade.. I know because I tried loading it and my phone told me that I already have a more up to date version of it on my phone, lol. How do I use it to do the shortcuts?

I'm sure you guys get frustrated when a rookie comes along...
  19. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Not at all, we were all rookies at one point. I just asked what I thought was a moron question and got the simple answer from people newer to me on this forum. Learning is a great thing.:smile: Just download this zip file to your computer, then rename file ending from .zip to .cab. Then drag over to Q and run (Click on it) on Q. That is it!

Attached Files:

20. jcarmona

jcarmona New Member

After I put it on my desktop, I tried opening it and it said the file was corrupt? So then I just right clicked and tried to rename it, but it didn't change anything....