Homescreen Favorites Quirk

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by Richie Rich, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

Homescreen Favorites Quirk

Hello. I'm still figuring out my Ozone (former Q9c user). At first glance, the HTC homescreen favorites menu option is great, but...

After playing and playing, I can't find a really easy way to set the order of the favorites. It seems that favorites set earlier stay in lower number slots, and later added ones come later. Ideally, these could be alphebetized, or the order somehow easily customized. Additionally, it seems that this is set at 15 favorites. I have more, but my "A list" is a lot shorter, and it would be nice to shorten the list.

The workaround I've found to ordering these is to (using my PC) empty the favorites folder, and then reload, one by one, in the order I want. This works, of course, until I change my mind about a new favorite or the order, and then am back at the PC again.

I haven't figured out a workaround for the second (fixed #15) issue.

I haven't seen anything in the searches on this so thought it would be interesting to start a thread and see if others have thoughts or experience.
  2. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

I'm guessing given all the views and no reply that no fix is obvious. The "reload all of my favorites individually using Windoze" works (I'm getting better at it), but is clunky indeed.,
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Which HS are you using? In my Q9h there is Personalize My Q/Home Screen Shortcuts under Start. You can select and change order. But it will only work for certain HS.
  4. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

No such option on the HTC Default Home Screen (which otherwise, I like a lot). It would be nice to tweak this, but it works otherwise just fine.
  5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Ouch! User defined shortcuts is crucial to my Q9c experience.