Homescreen Coding Help

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Falconone, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Falconone

Falconone New Member

Homescreen Coding Help

I'm trying to add fizz weather to the bottom of Golden Y's LCD homescreen but when I move the files over the weather is stuck at the top of its respective slide with the background of the lcd screen.

[​IMG]

I'm trying to get it to use this image for the background:

[​IMG]

Here's my coding so far:

<!-- Profile Plugin -->
    <plugin clsid="{95976968-45D5-40c9-9779-2B859B1C2FEC}" name="profile" height="185">
    <background b-border-width="0" bgimage="\Application Data\Home\GYPHTCDiamond_LCD\GYPHTCDiamond_profileblue.jpg">
    </background>
    <label bgcolor="transparent" y="93" x="19" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" font-size="28" halign="center">
    <format state="unselected" font-weight="normal" />
    <format state="selected" font-weight="normal"/>
    <text lang="0x0409"><profile/></text>
    </label>
    </plugin>

<!-- IconBar -->
    <plugin clsid="{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884}" name="Iconbar" height="0" w="320">
    <iconbar bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#ffffff" y="0" x="0"/>
    </plugin>

<!-- Spacer-Plugin -->
    <plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" height="213">
    <background b-border-width="0">
    <format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent"/>
    </background>
    </plugin>

<!-- Fizz Weather -->
    <plugin clsid="{30DF3430-2005-0509-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" name="WeatherPlugin" height="185">
    <background b-border-width="0" bgimage="\Application Data\Home\GYPHTCDiamond_LCD\GYPHTCDiamond_weatherblue.jpg">
    </background>
    </plugin>

<!-- IconBar -->
    <plugin clsid="{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884}" name="Iconbar" height="0" w="320">
    <iconbar bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="#ffffff" y="0" x="0"/>
    </plugin>

</home>
  2. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

If i remember correctly, u can only have 1 plugin per screen on every screen but the last screen. I believe this screen is like Eko's flip screens, which would make what I said true (or so I think). This means that weather could'nt be added to the 1st screen since it already has the Lcd plugin on it. But I may be wrong.
    potq
  3. Falconone

Falconone New Member

I'm trying to add/make a sixth screen that shows up after I scroll down from the five in the original. Is there a way to make it work or am I limited to five screens?
  4. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

No u r not limited, but if u want weather on its own screen, u would have to add that screen b4 the last screen with the multiple plugins.
  5. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Falconone,
    When u get a chance, upload the xml & all of the screens to me and I will take a look at it to see if I can get it working for u. :smile:
  6. Falconone

Falconone New Member

7. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

I looked into this for you Falconone, & with Fizz, u don't have the ability to mod the height or width of their HS plugin yet (supposedly that ability is coming in their next update). Therefore, U would NOT be able to restrict the icons to within that blue centered box on the weather screen. Lastly, to accomplish it, u would have to alter all of the images within that file to incorporate the weather screen (*Meaning that u would have to take each individual screen & make new Selected/Unselected images for the tabs on the left *ALOT of work for someone who doesn't have the original psd file*).
    Im NOT saying it isn't do able, but it would be alot of PS work/XML coding changes, NOT to mention that u cant restrict Fizz to within that box. I did start the project for you when u asked last, & even made the PS new images needed for the HS, but gave up when I couldn't mod Fizz. Also, I've since cleaned up all old projects *meaning I've gotten rid of those particular images" Sorry.:frown:
  8. Falconone

Falconone New Member

wow, didn't think it would be that much work, thanks for clearing up what would be involved and for the help