Homepage calendar alteration?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by quagmire, Aug 31, 2007.

1. quagmire

quagmire New Member

Homepage calendar alteration?

Love the phone. Had a Samsung i760, which was nice, but surprisingly I don't really miss the touchscreen like I thought I would. The only thing I do miss is that the Calendar plugin on the homepage only shows 1 appointment. Is there a way to make it display the entire day's itinerary?

I've looked into theme creation, modifying stuff, etc, but honestly it seems like so much work. Facade is OK but it's so cluttered looking. Honestly I really like the "VZW Layout" theme... I just want to see more of my day's appointments. Is there a way to do this?

Q
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard... best way to add more appointments to the home screen is to get Facade at http://www.sbsh.net it adds so much more to the home screen by the way.
  3. quagmire

quagmire New Member

I tried Facade, and it just added so much other junk. I don't really want any of it, I want to keep the theme exactly as it is but just have more appointments showing. I guess I could try it again... Is Facade difficult to program?
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it all depends how skilled you are i guess.... there are lots of example home screens you can use and/or personalize.
  5. scottjb

scottjb New Member

You can set Facade up to only show calendar appointments (that's how I use it). You don't have to have tabs and launcher bars if you don't want them.

If you want more than one appointment to show, Facade is the only way.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

is this the second time this week we are agreeing ?... you would think we are twins :}

and yes.. you could use Facade for just that indeed.
  7. clxa38

clxa38 New Member

anyone know where i can get facade for free?
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

not here on EQ
    asking for hacked software/warez is not allowed
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

after you "donate" sbsh.net $14.95 they will give you Facade :}
  10. scottjb

scottjb New Member

See, I can be agreeable. :tounge:
  11. scottjb

scottjb New Member

If you check out all the Q sites, you might even find it on sale for about $10.
  12. a75

a75 New Member

So, since getting my q9m I've done a little research on this issue & I've found the Facade and 1-Home Edit programs to personalize the home screen. Does any one have an opinion/bias on Facade vs. 1-Home Edit??? I'm just interested in more info about programs I've never used before? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Facade is a plugin that allows you to "manipulate" your home screen, 1-Home Edit is nothing more (or less) then a home screen editor. read the abouts on their web site and it will explain in more depth.
  14. a75

a75 New Member

Cool, Thanks! Another dumb question, but I assume that there will be more options with the full version as compaired to the trial version I'm currently checking out (i.e. more than just blue and green color screen options, etc.)? Thanks again!
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i don't believe Facade is limited in any way when you run it un-regged (been a while since i ran it un-regged though) you already have more color options, just download additional home screens from one of these sites.... make sure to get home screens that utilize Facade, it will say so.
  16. scottjb

scottjb New Member

rb is correct -- the trial is a fully functional version. It's just time limited. Your home screen options are countless, the blue and green are just the two that come packaged with Facade.
  17. a75

a75 New Member

Thanks again! The link was especially nice. Appreciate it!