homemade bluetooth car kit

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by bub710, Jan 19, 2010.

1. bub710

bub710 Member

homemade bluetooth car kit

View attachment 6838

Here is a "car kit" I made a while back. back story is that my wife drives all day so i got her a cheap bluetooth earpiece for like $12 on sale at big lots. anyway, the sound was just OK, and it was real flimsy. she broke the ear loop, and i got her a new one. the old one i had in my jacket pocket like forever and eventually the ear bud broke almost completely off. that's when the idea hit. i finished the break, used the exposed wires to connect them to a pair of $1 head phone wires and jack. i connected that to a big y jack splitter and literally nailed them together. this added a hard jack, and an exposed port for any other devices. plugged it in and works perfect. through the auxillary port in my car stereo calls come in clear through the speakers, and the mic picks up well, best to keep the speakers low to reduce echo. this cheap thing even came with a car power adapter so it never leaves the car and is always charged. i must be the only '91 chevy lumina APV on the road with bluetooth audio...

Attached Files:

2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

wow nice work!
  3. manbat

manbat Active Member

I might just get my broken Plantronics bluetooth out of the drawer and play with it....lol
  4. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

Good job outta you !!!
    Sure beats spending 99 bucks or more...